SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those damn little screen door openers will not hold the hatchback open. Nissan dealer said they don,t list them. I can,t afford any more bumps on my head. Anyone have any used or know where i Could find any?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Call Brian at couretesy Nissan. If anyone can find them it is him. You could also try to get them from the local parts store.

------------------
MarC
93 NX2000
JWT POP charger
15.5 1/4 mile

[This message has been edited by MarC (edited 09-10-2001).]

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Here's a temporary fix. Clamp a small ViseGrip on the body of the shock, not too tight, just snug. I used this on my 84 RX7 forever, it works great. I think I've read that a hose clamp around the body works too.

This isn't a joke, it really works.

Cheers,
Chris

------------------

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Put this sign on your hatch!

I knew that would come in handy one day!

------------------

SmoothDaddyFig

·
Registered
201 Posts
Try detaching the hatch cover from the hatch. I have had mine like this for a while and have had no problems with the hatch falling closed on me.

Ben
'93 NX

·
SR20DE Driver
151 Posts
www.autozone.com

They have them there for a good bit cheaper than the factory listing. If some one at the dealership told you they couldn't find them, they were just too lazy to try.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are available from Nissan. My mechanic found them about a month ago but didn't get them because he was pissed that they wanted so much for them. (@$100.00 each) I asked for them at Kragen Auto parts and they said they could order them for me for around $80.00 each. I was visiting out of town atr the time and haven't tried locally. In the meantime, I prop it open with a piece of pipe.

·
SR20DE Driver
151 Posts
Good Lord. $80-100 each???? Auto Zone has them for $27.99 each.

Brand: Mighty Lift Hatch
Part Number: D95564
Limited Lifetime Warranty

They are special order so it won't be a run in and grab em type thing, but when you save that much who cares??

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
are we talking about the struts for the hatch? mine are going bad, how much for new'uns? 27.99?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
287 Posts
I saw a cool thing the other day on this kids truck.
he drilled a hole in the inner strut part and had a little nail hanging from the strut via string.
so when he opened the cab he put the nail into the hole and that rested on the lower strut keeping it open.
free is better then $27

L8er
Dan

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've been into Autozone, Pep Boys, and Trak Auto. The hatch struts for the NX are listed in their books, but they can't order them for some reason. the only place I have found to get them is through Nissan. If someone does successfully order them from some other source, please let me know!

Ben
'93 NX

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chriscar:
Here's a temporary fix. Clamp a small ViseGrip on the body of the shock, not too tight, just snug. I used this on my 84 RX7 forever, it works great. I think I've read that a hose clamp around the body works too.

This isn't a joke, it really works.

Cheers,
Chris

</font>
You most likly don't want to use vice grips unless they have rubber on them, because it could damage the rod and ruin the shock if it is not already dead.(assuming you're talking about the winter time)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts