SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys!! My turbo finally came in today. I guess soon you will see alot more kill stories coming from me
. Hopefully now it can be worked on this weekend. Just wanted to share the news.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERprise In WV:
Danny;

What setup did you go with? Just curious...
</font>
Well since I am a bit inexperience with how to built a turbo kit I turned to my good friend Andreas Miko. He got me a T3/T04E with a stage 3 wheel and a .65A/R housing. We went with the f-max exhaust manifold and downpipe. I got rid of my greddy and got a custom 3" madrel bend exhaust system. We'll be using a tial wastegaste and a greddy BOV. I did not go with the water injection program but according to Dre(Andreas) I should have the fastest 370cc turbo car because I have the first 4/bar program for the 370cc injectors. We are planning to run the car at 10psi for daily driving and 12psi at the track with race gas. Plus I have a bore AFM, not a cobra one but it's bigger than stock, S3 cams and lighten flywheel. We are going to start working on the car this weekend. Can't wait

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Good luck. Keep us posted. I am planning on getting the Stage I this november if I don't get laid off. Tell us about any snags you run in. Since we will learn from your mistakes. I have the same car so I especially am very interested in how things work out for you.

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, KYB AGX/Ground Control 350 in/lb front 300 in/lb rear, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set), Timing changed to 15 degrees

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Saaby:
Good luck. Keep us posted. I am planning on getting the Stage I this november if I don't get laid off. Tell us about any snags you run in. Since we will learn from your mistakes. I have the same car so I especially am very interested in how things work out for you.

-saaby
</font>
Well, I have the whole fuel system installed already. Dre was able to install the 370cc without having to pull apart throttle body. That was a little tricky but now you know it can be done. I also have an upgraded fuel pump. JWT ECU is in there with the 4/bar program and my fuel pressure regulator set at 58psi. That's what I have so far. We still have to drill the block for the oil return, but I'll keep you guys updated on the remaining of this project.

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
what kind of fuel press. reg. u have? oh and what size wastegate im new to turbo also but i see there is 35 mm 40 mm ect which one u got, what spring? .75 bar?

[This message has been edited by kesi24 (edited 10-11-2001).]

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Those are in reference to the Tial Wastegates. I run the 35mm gate and absolutely love it, It comes with a .65 bar spring which is around 8 pounds of boost. I plan on upgrading to the 40mm to reach greater boost levels, I believe the 35mm is good till about 24 then she starts to spike but I could be wrong. Could possibly put a hevier spring in to combat that. Well see when the time comes. Oh Good luck and have fun with your set up Danny.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kesi24:
what kind of fuel press. reg. u have? oh and what size wastegate im new to turbo also but i see there is 35 mm 40 mm ect which one u got, what spring? .75 bar?

</font>

------------------

http://geocities.com/yellow4g63/sr20det.htm

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Speedpro coming soon bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. Equal length stainless steel manifold. Fortified Tranny. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
Hey Dan keep everything on the down low until I am finished please. Also you should have said that I put the 370 cc inj without having to pull the intake manifold apart on your 99 car which is a lowport.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Andreas Miko:
Hey Dan keep everything on the down low until I am finished please. Also you should have said that I put the 370 cc inj without having to pull the intake manifold apart on your 99 car which is a lowport.</font>
Sorry Dre, That is what I meant when I said you did not have to disassemble the thottle body. I really meant to say the intake manifold in my lowport engine.

[This message has been edited by DannySE99 (edited 10-12-2001).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
How in the heck did you manage that? I don't think you could have got the fuel rail off without moving the top half out of the way. I never completely removed the top half of my intake manifold, but I did enough so I could move it up and back out of the way. I Did an injector swap that way and also a fuel rail/injector swap that way. How did you do it?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE stock, slow, and for sale
93 NX2000 Quaife ATB diff, JWT clutch, SMC short shifter, front STB, front ES control arm bushings, JWT POP charger, B14 SE-R wheels as soon as I get my tire swappin' done

·
Registered
60 Posts
My friend replaced my injectors w/o taking apart the manifold. If you have small enough hands, it is possible. You don't need to totally remove the fuel rail. You just need enough play so you can get the old injectors out and the new ones in.

------------------
Brandon
98 SE-R
F-Max stage I

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by serturbo:
My friend replaced my injectors w/o taking apart the manifold. If you have small enough hands, it is possible. You don't need to totally remove the fuel rail. You just need enough play so you can get the old injectors out and the new ones in.

</font>
I could believe that someone could get the 370's in there, BUT I am putting MSD 50lb's in mine. I would assume you can't sneak it in there since the fuel rail has to be replaced with an aftermarket one? (mine is FTF motorsports' rail)

I just did a clutch job this past month and I am sure pulling the top part of the intake can't nearly as tough. I sure hope not.

My Fmax kit SHOULD be here this Friday after 18 WEEKS!!

------------------

'97 200SX SE-R
JWT ECU, Place CAI

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well this weekend we started the journey. Dre pulled the car apart Friday night till about 3 in the morning. Saturday we were there from 8am to 8pm. Install my hotshot on to my classic then went back to the 99se and got the block drilled for the oil return. Did a bunch of other stuff. Then Dre reassembled the oil pan and let it sit for the night. Sunday, put the car back together but had a problem with the f-max down pipe. The downpipe was touching the metal guard on one of the fans. So that is where we are currently at, waiting on some slim fans. Once we get that in, he can bolt on the turbo and drive it to get the down pipe finished. Then after that....I guess you will have to wait and see. :D

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
The downpipe won't fit huh? Did you get a 2.5" or 3" downpipe...supposedly the 2.5" should fit without having to replace the fans.

-saaby

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Saaby said:
The downpipe won't fit huh? Did you get a 2.5" or 3" downpipe...supposedly the 2.5" should fit without having to replace the fans.

-saaby
That is what I thought too. I did get the 2.5" but it still touched the metal sheild for the fan. :rolleyes: oh well.

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
A little late on the reply here, but the 2.5" downpipe does hit the metal shield. My downpipe and shield are all scraped where they sit against each other, but this hasn't caused any problems with my car so far. The metal shield keeps the heat from melting any of the plastics.

Frank
96 200sx se-R
F-MAX Stage 2

Frank

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cnynracer1 said:
A little late on the reply here, but the 2.5" downpipe does hit the metal shield. My downpipe and shield are all scraped where they sit against each other, but this hasn't caused any problems with my car so far. The metal shield keeps the heat from melting any of the plastics.

Frank
96 200sx se-R
F-MAX Stage 2

Frank
Well I figure that it is probably driveable like that but we did not want to take a chance with it. We got the slim fans in already so Dre is going to install it for me and then tomorrow take the car to get the downpipe done.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts