SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for camber plates to use on my new suspension setup (TEIN SS). And I'm not really looking forward to spending @ $350 for the Ground Control plates. Also, will camber plates designed for the B13 front, fit the B14 front as well?

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
What's their list price, $350? If so, I can get them to your door for $320 shipped. Not a huge discount, GC is pretty stingy on their discounts, but hey $30 is $30 I guess.

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
I believe that the GC's are the only camber/caster plates available for our cars. The stillen and cusco are only camber adjustable. I plan on getting a courtesy front stb because its the only to be used with the gc's or the stillen bar with shigspeed adapters, but that even costs more.

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
I have a cheapo eBay FSTB on with my GC kit. The plates set on top of the FSTB brackets which has a slightly positive side effect, it raises the plates up about 1/4" so you get a little more suspension travel.

·
ClamSlut
5,043 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
I plan on getting a courtesy front stb because its the only to be used with the gc's or the stillen bar with shigspeed adapters, but that even costs more.
Shigspeed can make you a bar to go with the adapters. I don't remember how much it was, but it was pretty cheap. Its one mofo bar too, its just a piece of square tube steel. I think you could just about lift the car up with it.

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
I reallly reallly need some camber plates!

-Josh

·
Registered
774 Posts
Why don't you just get the upper pillow ball mounts that go with the ss suspension? I got mine when i ordered my tein ss's for my b14 and they adjust the camber and work more than fine and are real nice pieces and were made to work with your suspension.

David

·
Registered
805 Posts
what about the Tein pillowball mounts? I think Apex has them for like $175... maybe im smoking something.

·
SHIFTy
294 Posts
DaGenesis said:
Looking for camber plates to use on my new suspension setup (TEIN SS). And I'm not really looking forward to spending @ $350 for the Ground Control plates.
You'd be really disappointed in them because they won't fit your Tein springs. Get the Tein VZR mounts for $140/pair and you'll be able to adjust your camber, but not caster.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
So do I, I have 2.5 degrees negative camber.
see how far you can get it by playing with the bottom of the strut where it mounts to the knuckle, you should be able to get a little bit more positive camber out of that, also, check on se-r.net, they have a tech article on how to slot the strut

·
Fear no honda
923 Posts
damnnnn 2.5 huh... well im a fan of the correction bolts but they only got +/- 1,, i've got them and they were only 20bucks at tirerack.com

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
anyone know if theres any harshness with the pillowball mounts?? Ive heard mixed reviews of them

·
Registered
774 Posts
I've got them as well as 3 others on this forum and I can personally attest my ride is extremely good with this setup on my car. The pillowball mounts were made to go with the suspension specifically. My car both handles and rides extremely well with this setup and haven't had any complaints at all. Just the normal things that come along with a good suspension setup.... don't hit pot holes!

David

·
Registered
774 Posts
My car takes some pretty serious beatings every once in a while too. Going through downtown dc and baltimore for work and clubs and this and that is hell on any car. And to be honest with you the only sound that you here or bottoming out or harshness is from my exhaust hitting the rear beam. Damn 3" pipe running on top of the beam doesn't exactly clear when you hit certain dips. But thats a personal problem with my setup.... nohting that has to do with the teins. Absolutely nice suspension. Only thing on a b14 that I've felt that actually felt as nice and actually a little better was the JIC setup on Joel's (Gtiroids) b14.

David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts