SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the new project car that we just picked up. He was asking $3000 and we ended up paying $2000. Thats a bit more then I sold my 92 coupe and 89 coupe for in 2003 but I guess the S13 market is still pretty hot. Last time I had to fly to Dallas to get the 92 and drive it back to find a truly rust free car. This one actually came to me instead of me traveling to it lol. It spent 1993-2003 in AZ and CA and then 2003-April 2007 in Oregon. Check out the factory gold coating still on the underside bolts, I'm very pleased. :)

·
No comment
1,096 Posts
Love the car Matt.

But I hate those motorized belts!! Do a belt conversion like you did on the SE-R. :)

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kent. The plan so far is to do the brakes and suspension first and then put on a silvia front end. Once my Dad gets some track experience under his belt with the stock KA we will start looking at engine options.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yes Jason, thanks for reminding me. :) Thats also very high on the list. I'm going to find another set of B14 belts soon, I have a feeling they will be even easier to put in the S13 than they were in my B13.

·
The Groove Master
4,241 Posts
Get S14 belts Matt. Direct bolt-in. There are how-to's at 240sxforums, NICO, and FreshAlloy IIRC. B12 Sentra belts also work; I don't know about B14.

They're so much better than the motorized belts it's scary.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys.

Well I spent 3 hours sweating my ass off at the junkyard today but I came home with z32 aluminum 30mm front calipers & rotors, brake booster & m/c, and complete rear assemblies consisting of lower control arms, aluminum uprights, hubs, e-brakes, cables, calipers, and rotors. Everything looks to be in great shape. The final tab came to $400 which was a little more than I wanted to spend (even though its not my money :) )but seems to be below the market price on ebay and the 240 forums.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Thanks guys.

Well I spent 3 hours sweating my ass off at the junkyard today but I came home with z32 aluminum 30mm front calipers & rotors, brake booster & m/c, and complete rear assemblies consisting of lower control arms, aluminum uprights, hubs, e-brakes, cables, calipers, and rotors. Everything looks to be in great shape. The final tab came to $400 which was a little more than I wanted to spend (even though its not my money :) )but seems to be below the market price on ebay and the 240 forums.
That's a good deal.

I paid $200 for the following:

- Aluminum Z Fronts w/ Rotors
- Aluminum Z Rears w/ Rotors
- Rear Hubs / Uprights / Ebrakes
- Z32 MAF w/ HKS Pod Filter

Delivered off a local Z owner that parted out his car. It's one of the best deals I've ever gotten.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^^ Yeah that is crazy cheap! ^^^

Me = owned. The front calipers are actually iron d'oh. I figured since there was no rust on them they were aluminum but I forgot about the ribs. They did seem a bit heavy too, go figure. :D I ordered a pair of remand aluminum ones and I'll just flip the iron ones and end up close to the price of what I paid + a rebuild kit for the irons.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
^^^ Yeah that is crazy cheap! ^^^

Me = owned. The front calipers are actually iron d'oh. I figured since there was no rust on them they were aluminum but I forgot about the ribs. They did seem a bit heavy too, go figure. :D I ordered a pair of remand aluminum ones and I'll just flip the iron ones and end up close to the price of what I paid + a rebuild kit for the irons.
Irons will be a bit more responsive in the pedal keep in mind.

Yeah that was the deal of a life time.

·
AKA-- JJKAMIKAZE
574 Posts
very clean. Nice find, I paid 6k for a rust free flawless bodied coupe here in va. Then i stripped it down to bare chassis to rebuild it anyways.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I scored a set of B14 seat belts this past w/e. I did a dry run on a hatch they had at the yard and my suspicions were right on. This is going to be even easier than it was in my B13! I'll take pics once I get them in.

Also, get ready for some good updates in the next couple months. I'm ordering about $4500 in goodies for the car this week :)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts