SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
I've said it before, 2 too many doors for me to consider it a SE-R. I say if you give us 4 doors you should give us a turbo.(WRX?) Still looks pretty good too me though.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by skyliner:
I've said it before, 2 too many doors for me to consider it a SE-R. I say if you give us 4 doors you should give us a turbo.(WRX?) Still looks pretty good too me though.</font>
oh, so mine isn't an SE-R? true, i may not have the badge, but the whole point is that we all have the SR20, right?

stiletto

99 Sentra SEL platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed exhaust, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, EL indiglo HVAC, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

[This message has been edited by Stiletto (edited 09-04-2001).]

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Matt likes:
torque
6 spd trans
limited slip

Matt dislikes:
no 2 door
heavy 17" wheels
2700+ lbs
6100 rpm redline
no independent rear suspension
hp numbers that keep dropping the closer it gets to production

The Car & Driver and Grassroots Motorsports guestimate 0-60 in ~7 seconds with 1/4 mile times of 15.5. My car is 10 years old and faster. So, no I probably won't be in line for one.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
92 Posts
Too bad the SE-R's QR25 will replace the SR20. Only the G20's SR20 will make it through year 2002. After that, say goodbye to our SR20:-(

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by skyliner:
I've said it before, 2 too many doors for me to consider it a SE-R. I say if you give us 4 doors you should give us a turbo.(WRX?) Still looks pretty good too me though.</font>
And I've said it a millions time before myself. The SE-R will be about $7,000 less than the WRX, with cheaper insurance but will have similar performance.

SE-R 2700lbs 185hp 14.5 ratio
WRX 3100lbs 225hp 13.7 ratio

and that doesn't take into account the AWD drivline drag. WRX's actually put down about 169 to the wheels so me thinks from roll the SE-R will be faster.

For an extra 7 grand I can make the SE-R sit up and beg or just enjoy the $120 a month savings in car payments.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The Car & Driver and Grassroots Motorsports guestimate 0-60 in ~7 seconds with 1/4 mile times of 15.5. My car is 10 years old and faster. So, no I probably won't be in line for one.

</font>
Well car and driver and GRM obviously don't drag race very well. Considering I took an almost bone stock SE-R right down to the goodyears (Just an cone filter on the stock intake pipe) to [email protected] I think with the extra 200lbs but 45hp and 50ish ft lbs advantage along with the 6spd the new SE-R will be a mid 14 second monster at least.

Mark my words, and you can ask the list members who post here how accurate I am with SE-R numbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts