SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took the just today registered and plated NX out on it first real voyage since I got the car. The alignment is pretty bad and I'm missing 2 exhaust gaskets so it sounds funny at low RPM, but WOW is it AWESOME!!!

2nd gear chirps like a motherfucker. 3rd chirps HARD, like harder than I could ever chirp second with the turbo in the Sentra. I can chirp third at seemingly any RPM. I tried it once at 3500 RPM and it still did it nicely. I attempted to try the Quaife but since the car was already such a spectacle with hard chirping RWD Camaro sounding chirps, I thought I'd leave that until the car is DONE.

Here are pics of the state of the car for it's 10 minute stint around town:

This car rocks!

C

·
0 Posts
Maybe the ease of chirping is due to the cheap tires on the car

------------------
"First we get jobs, then we get khakis, then we get the chicks"

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Frankenstien car!

------------------
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
You should put the rims on your Sentra on the NX that would look bad as hell ! NX wheels might look good on the Sentra.
Just a idea. Congrats on having you NX back on the road!

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Yikes!

For some reason, I expected that the car would be totally put together for your drive around town. Kind of shocking seeing it look like a picture puzzle with a few pieces missing

However, it IS coming along nicely. It looks much better than it did a few weeks ago.

(besides, looks aren't EVERYTHING, are they?
)

·
merely a flesh wound
15,281 Posts
Ben,

My compliments to your interior decorator. B14 wheels, a box of Hypercoils, and a Quaife all neatly arranged.

Nice wheels by the way. I just put a set on my black 92 SE-R, and they look great. I got the front of them cleaned up real nice, but am having a hard time getting the back clean. Yours look real clean, did you get them like that, or use some secret-sauce cleaner.

I'm thinking or just respraying the back of mine.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
858 Posts
man the minute I turned the corner with no hood and fender, the cops would have pulled me over.you suburbs guys are lucky."Don't you guys have cops around here" 90 mph turn with chriscar out in the long island geekout.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
eric96ser posts as if he was just a troll nowadays

chriscar: the two wheels without centercaps are brand new never used. The other two were used only for racing so I assume they didn't see much weather/tar/dirt.

Limited Slip/silversx: Hell if I know how I do it!
It just works and it SO easy. Must be a combo of the JWT clutch, cheap-ass tires that are on the NX rims, the shortshifter, and maybe the Quaife helps this?

redman007: The car had been cooped up for so long I had to take it out. It has headlights, turn signals, registration and license plate, full exhaust on, I think it was mostly legal if not fully legal. Is there a law that says you have to have a hood and fenders?

·
merely a flesh wound
15,281 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:

chriscar: the two wheels without centercaps are brand new never used. The other two were used only for racing so I assume they didn't see much weather/tar/dirt.
</font>
How the hell did you score those? It took me forever to get a set of B14 wheels. Well, maybe it cause I wouldn't part with the $300+ everyone wants for theirs. I got a deal on mine. How 'bout you?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:

Limited Slip/silversx: Hell if I know how I do it!
It just works and it SO easy. Must be a combo of the JWT clutch, cheap-ass tires that are on the NX rims, the shortshifter, and maybe the Quaife helps this?
</font>
Maybe the lack of weight on the front end helps to?

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
He had a special friend get those for him
A guy I know at the Nissan plant had them. He and someone else had a '95 SE-R they used for the 1 lap a few years ago, and the wheels were left over.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts