SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Everybody:
I am a new comer here from Taiwan, and it's nice to meet you here. Now I am living in Dallas, TX.
I just bought a '97 200sx se-r, and wish to make a lube change for my car by myself. But I know the EPA in US should have restrict law for waste oil disposal and I will need some proper liquid jack and specific tools to change lube by myself. So I just want to know if there is any place, in Dallas TX, for me to be able to rent those tools, change the oil, or make a routine maintenance for my car? Could anybody tell me about that? Thanks!

·
Registered
844 Posts
How's it going fella. I am from fort worth.
I don't have an answer for you, but I can say Welcome to Texas.

------------------
The dirty rain falls in funky town

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
man, you can go anywhere around here and alot of oil change places will only charge you like 2 bux for a disposal fee for a whole bucket of oil. nice and chilly outside today too hugh?
(I hate the cold, and wind makes it worse)

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome to Texas! I'm in fort Worth as well, just an hour or less from Dallas. You can also take your old oil and filter to WalMart and dispose of it for free. The WalMart near me has an oil dump container that you can dump oil in anytime and a separate container for filters. The tools for an oil change should not cost you that much, so you might go ahead and buy those instead of always having to rent them

Tommy Chang
93 Sentra XE 4 doors w/JDM SR20DE

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of your answers first!
But now I just worry about if I do not have a large power-assist jack like that in a garage, how can I completely release all of the waste oil out of my engine??? (Because when we use the normal small jack to lift a car up, the car should be tilted aside and can't let the waste oil flow out properly...) Is there any expert can explain that for me? Thank you again!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
let the jack down and make sure the car is level on the ground. no biggie. oh, and I live in Allen btw, the highlight of dfw.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quoted from Brian's words:
let the jack down and make sure the car is level on the ground...

My question is that with what kind of proper container I can hold the wasted oil? (I think it must be flat enough to match the clearance between the car chasis and the ground when I let my car down from the jack)
Could you tell me how can I get that kind of container cheaperly? Thank you so much!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, you can go to pep boys, auto zone, anyplace like that will have a drain pan that will hold the oil. my car does not have enough clearance, so I crunch the pan a little but, but will bend back. it is plastic, and made to be somewhat abused.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your answers!
To Brain:
Thank you,too!
And wish you could also give me your suggestions whenever I have questions about my car in the future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts