SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just out of curiousity, how much do you guys think it would cost on average for a shop to install new struts and springs?

hehe, ok, i lied. its not out of curiousity. i finally got all the vital pieces to redo my suspension. I've got brand spankin new KYB GR2 struts and a set of used Eibach ProKits. I'm hoping that since the Eibachs are a little older, it won't wear out these struts that quickly.

I'd put these suckas on myself, but i'm presented with some problems.
1) no spring compressors. i know i can rent em, but....
2) original suspension = rusty/seized nuts and bolts + no impact tools + small build of yours truly derives to being physically unable to remove the old components.
3) no time...more tests, more papers...i can't kill a day playing with my car right now(although i'd love to)

so i'm gonna bring it to a shop my friend owns. i haven't talked to him for a while, so i'm not sure how much he'll charge me but he will probably hook me up. till then i want a ballpark number so i don't **** my pants when he tells me how much he's gonna charge.

keep in mind this is a temporary setup...i'll probably keep it like this for the next year and a half or two till i get outta school and then make my SE-R a HP/handling monster !!

so....estimates...anyone? anyone?:)

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Is there an echo in here?

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, yea stine. we are in the exact same boat. i don't know if u made ur decision yet, but i did. from reading your old posts and the various replies nobody seems to want to guess how much it would cost to get this put on. ah well.

this is getting done friday, no matter the cost. i'll let everyone know what i think :-D i'm hoping that this car will finally be able to outhandle my 240. its already got it beat in the straightaways

so, back to the game. the priiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice is right!! who's the next contestant? lets see if you can bid a price and i'll tell ya friday who wins the cookie! sent UPS of course ;)

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Putting on just the Eibachs; I know my stock struts will wear out in a year or so (they're really in good shape - no leaks/dents/scratches, I have confidence in them) and I plan to get the AGXs on in the spring/early summer. I'm having the springs put on pretty cheap, actually, and I'm going to have them use a LIBERAL amount of anti-sieze compound on the bolts so that when I do the AGXs I'll be able to do it on my own.

Good luck with yours; wish I could do GR2s in the interim but it just isn't financially feasible for me. Gotta save for the ultimate goal.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
amen to that dude. if my struts were good i'd probably do the same. but one is leaking and the car bottoms out if i have any extra weight near the rear of the car.

good luck with yours too!

·
Registered
765 Posts
When i called around i was bein quoted about 75 bux a corner.. 300 dollah! I dunno if thats a good price or not.. In the end I got my father to help me do it and saved the $$ :D

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
100-150 is about average to do everything for you. Another thing is you don't need a spring compressor and all you need is tons of that PB Penetrant stuff. Works wonders. Eats through rust like its nothing.

Terrin
92 SE-R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts