SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not from Hell yet, but a nearby suburb

Got the Hotshot and Ground Controls on last night. The back is very squeeky. Suggestions anyone? The ride is not horrible, but I only lowered it 1 inch exactly.

The Hotshot is King! Wow! I've got a little something for my frind's GS-R next time we're on track. Haven't wailed on it yet, but so far I am very impressed.

It's going to be an ugly scene in STS at the next autocross this weekend

Matt
Sentra from Heck

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
How'd you mount the top hat/upper spring perch to the strut and to the car (I think that's what I'm trying to say
) What type of grease did you use? Basically, how'd you assemble the rear?

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. Well, I follwed the directions that Ground Control sent. I pretty much reused everything they told me to reuse in back, along with the aluminum hat and bushing they sent. Might be that GC bushing. They didn't provide one for the front, and it's nice and quiet.

Grease? I didn't use any grease. But now I guess I should have. Also, I know the Addco sway bar I installed 2 weeks ago is squeeking as well, so I need to take care of that too.

Matt
92 SE-R, festival of squeeks

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
No grease? Well, that's the firt thing. Grease that puppy up! If you can get your hands on ES lube, use that. Just don't get it on your hands!! If it's just squeaks, the grease should help. If you have clunks, you have a different problem. But, I won't go into that since you only said you have squeaks. Damn, all these noises

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts