SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Egg Lover
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a Nissan dealer today and asked if there was a car like the Sentra SE-R available. He told me that for 2002 there will be a SE-R, but that it will use the Altima's 2.5 liter engine. How do you all feel about that?

------------------
93 NX2000 auto, advanced timing, Hiper Flow POP filter, new motor mounts, 100k miles.

[This message has been edited by keithert (edited 10-15-2001).]

·
Registered
201 Posts
No offense, but where have you been? We have been discussing this for at least a year now.

The engine is also not the Altima engine that has been used previously. The engine that will be used is the QR25DE. It is an all new engine that will be shared by the Altima and SE-R.

Go to http://www.se-r-list.org and do a search on QR25 and I'm sure you'll find a ton of info in it.

In short, the new engine will be better and more powerful than the SR20DE, somost people are pretty excited about it.

Ben
'93 NX

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
I think they should have just brought over the S15. DET...beautiful styling...rear wheel drive..fawking Nissan..

------------------
96 200sx Rice Mobile! Bone Stock..he,he,he

·
Zed's dead baby
336 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soopastank:
I think they should have just brought over the S15. DET...beautiful styling...rear wheel drive..fawking Nissan..

</font>
I say the next convention should be held in Japan! Could you imagine? But back to Nissan, they need to jump in on this market. There is money on the table, and Nissan is not grabbing it. Sure the Altima and Maxima are awesome, and Im sure the Se-R will be great, but Im sure theyd make a killing with the silvia here. Id buy one. With the STi WRX coming over and probably the EVO as well, theres space for a two door, rear drive sports car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
yeah i just had that discussion with some friends recently... Nissan would make a killing if the S15s were brought over... Silvia would create a niche for itself right into American car culture and Nissan aftermarket would skyrocket as well... It'd just be an all around PLUS... SOMEone needs to start puttin the crack away and thinkin straight...

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
The new SR20VE introduced in Japan in the Primera makes 201 hp and 151 lb-ft of torque and is mated to a 6 speed tranny. Why Nissan did not drop that engine in the current G20 and the new SE-R is beyond me

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
163 hp, 124 lb-ft torque
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

C

·
0 Posts
I may be alone here, but I acctualy perfer the QR25DE over the SR20VE. The reason being is the use of the QR25DE allows Nissan to price the upcoming SE-R at an outrageously affordable price.

It's my opinion that a car's price is a number that is just as important as its horsepower, torque, weight, and gearing statistics.

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
"Yes-Ser I still think they should've used the sr20ve. "

the sr20vet would be REALLY nice!
we'd be the fastest cars on the street

------------------
95 200sx se-r: jwt motor mounts, hotshot g4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts