SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Much love for the B-13
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For part 1 go here: http://www.sr20forum.com/members-rides/191230-story-my-92-sentra-e-long-post-wtih-story-pics.html

About a month after I posted part 1, I sold the car to another forum member in Tampa. I sold it so I could buy a roadster, this is what I bought:

A 2002 MR-2 spyder. Yes I have modded it since I bought it.

So about 15 months after I sold my beloved green B-13, I saw that it had been posted up for sale by the guy I sold it to. The thought of it going into the wrong hands turned my stomach. I mentioned it to my wife and she told me that if it means that much to me, I should buy it back. Well, needless to say it does mean that much to me so I did buy it back. I want to thank TJ for taking such good care of her while she was away.

Actually, TJ did a bunch of work on it while he had it. It has been upgraded with a fresh SR20 (9.5:1) and turboed. He added carpet, new tints, and some stereo components.

Once it was back in my garage, I had to do some work to it to turn it back into my car. TJ wanted a stealthy look so he hid the intercooler very cleanly behind the bumper. So the first thing I had to do was move that down below the bumper without redoing the clean pipe work that had already been laid out.

Due to TJs clever behind the headlight routing, I was able to keep the fog lights in the bumper by cutting and welding new elbows on the intercooler.

The next problem I had to fix was the axle bind on the drivers side. Whenever I would go around a right turn at speed, the axle would click. I knew this was do to the height of the car because of the things I have learned with my race car. But I did not want to raise the ride height because that would throw off the stance of the car. So I decided to extend the front control arms by 1/2". That mod would allow the axle to have more plunge in the inner cup when the suspension compresses. Here are some pictures of the modified control arms. Sorry I did not take any pictures of the actual modification process.

So with that problem solved, I now had another problem. The front track was wider by about 1" yet the rear track had not changed. The B-13 already has a narrower rear track from the factory but now it looked a bit rediculous. You can see it in this pic

Plenty of shadow offset in this pic

So I decided to extend the rear parallel arms by 3/4". That would push the wheels out and give some negative camber too. Here are the modified vs the stock arms

And here is the gap between the wheel and the fender before the modified arms were installed

And here it is after the modified arms were installed

Yes, I had to roll the lip up. But now the rears are pretty close to flush

And the front and rear track are now the same as I have confirmed this when I did my alignment.

I then had a bit of work to do on the interior. I still had the Sparco Evos from my B-14 so I made some new mounts and installed those. I just got a new 350mm deep dish steering wheel in black suede to replace the old 320mm red Sparco that matched the red B-14 it came out of. Let me tell you, that red wheel was in bad shape and looked like crap in a green car.

more pics to follow

·
Much love for the B-13
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So here are some nice pictures I took last week.

And the money shot that everyone was waiting for:

This car will be at the 2009 convention in Savannah at the end of the month. I will be driving it on the track too. I hope to have a splitter added by then. Please stop by and say hello.

If there is anyone coming to the convention that can help me tune this car, I would appreciate any help you may care to offer. It is running really rich and breaks up around 6500 rpm on 7-8psi of boost.

Thanks for checking out my car. I hope to have a part 3 some day.

·
Proud Italian
1,779 Posts
I really really like this car...its only fault is its not black...lol. J/k i love black classics. The no nonsense all business attitude is awesome. Great innovation on the suspension too.

·
Nobody pays me in gum
589 Posts
very nice. and i might have to do that mod to the front lca for my new wheels and the stance i want.

·
15642uner
1,681 Posts
wow dead sexy man! glad to see its back in your hands and love seein your updates :biggthump

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
God this car is soooo beautiful! -Question dude- would you consider modifying front and rear control arms like you have done to your car for existing members for a fee? I would love to have my B13 sit like yours- you seem to know how to modify the control arms the right way. Im planning on pulling them out to do the Energy suspension Bushing install but i figure while they are out- see if modifying them like you have done was possible. Absolutley incrediable B13 dude! :biggthump

·
slave to the grind
2,707 Posts
i so want to get another b13 now!!

nice whip and nice build!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.