SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"Pimping aint Easy"
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok took the car to nissan they hooked it up and drove it this is what they found:

~MAF ground needs to be re-run

~cylinder head temp sensor, dead

~auxillary air flow meter, dead

~knock sensor dead (even though it doesnt effect anything)

~IAC valve, Dead

~02 sensor dead

WOW, so the mechanics advise was buy a jdm de or det and not worry about putting anything new on that old engine.

im taking his advice. the next 2 months will be saved for the DET then bought :)

money for diagnostics well spent

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
yes it does sound like a very good idea!!! if thats what they found then you can act accordingly....JDM all the way baby!!

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
None of those parts are expensive to replace, well except for the IAC, at least from the dealer.

IMO, you could spend under $200 and replace/clean/fix all those problems. The IAC... find someone who's parting out their car in the classifieds.

Unless, of course, you really want an excuse to go JDM det;)

Later,
Mark

·
"Pimping aint Easy"
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im gonna fix the parts but not buy new ill just get old parts that still work lol. just so i can drive it. i just like using the excuse to get a jdm det :)
i just see problems in the future with this engine.

you know how bad it sux having your car cut off on you at every light. i hate that ****!

i just reground the MAF, didnt do to much to the idle.

tomorrow ill get a o2 sensor, do they really go for 60$? does anyone know if i can use one off another nissan?

IAC valve ill have to get from a parted out car.

and i need a temp sensor , damn i hate fixing cars lol

·
"Pimping aint Easy"
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you know im excited about the DET but still rather pissed , i mean it just sunk in reaaaal hard i spent 1500$ on the damn car and it had no 5th gear and some rust with 153k on it. the clutch fork seizes so i put a new clutch in and get new barrings for the fork and get it all working along with a new 5th gear and 5th gear pop out fixed. =725$, bought a new battery and battery cables= 80$
rust converter=5$ jumper cables and emergency kit for car= 29$
spark plugs= 10$
now 91$ yes 91$ to test the car and tell me whats wrong with it. NISSAN just went up :(
and a bunch of other little ****.
and how could all the stinkin sensors and valves be dead i mean damn!
all of them WTF!. and why does a stupid o2 sensor cost over 10$ anyways.

man this car pisses me off. i want to kick it but then i would be devalueing it more than its 300$ nissan trade in value.

cant sell it, i would lose way to much. so im stuck with the stupid car.
maybe ill love it again after it stops being gay!

·
yup
1,208 Posts
keep in mind i think you will be giving yourself a handful of new problems if you go turbo... you absolutely dont have to do any kind of engine swap to correct those things... thats like saying i need a new air filter so instead of getting a new one... i'll get a jdm. I'm just trying to remind you that the engine swap is absolutely not needed and that you might save yourself some trouble and definately some cash.

·
Shift_spin like a mofo!
579 Posts
Hey man, If you are having that many problems, maybe I can help you out. I might have some of the parts you need lying around. PM me or something and I'll try to help you out.

·
"Pimping aint Easy"
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
true but id like to fix the engine with new parts, but that cost alot an IAC valve alone cost 200$.

now im not going to pay that much so i will go for used parts, although i need to look at a new engine in the near future the car has 153k on it and i would like to have something newer without worrying whats gonna break next.

thnks for the info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts