SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've finally decided to embark on turboing my SE-R. In order to do things right, I am going to do it step by step over this summer and into the fall. I also would like to learn as much as I can about my car in this time as I go.

My flex pipe is swiss cheese. I just ordered a Gen 4 Hotshot header which I will be getting soon. My question is about the exhaust. I was looking at the GReddy SP originally, but I'm not sure if that is the best choice for when a turbo is installed later down the road. What would be a good system to look at? I will be going with an F-Max kit btw...

...and so it begins.
Thanks!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Keep your exhaust like it is for now and go with a custom 3 in. one when the turbo kit comes. And sell me that header for real cheep when the turbo comes too

MarC

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Why bother getting the Greddy? It will be waaay too small once you go turbo. You will need to get a custom 3" exhaust. Jannetty Racing in Waterbury can do a mandral bend 3 inch for ya. www.jannettyracing.com The header is also useless (unless you want to make MarC's day) once you go turbo.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
If you are upgrading towards a turbo, WHY are you getting a header? You will have to scrap it for the turbo manifold when you go turbo.

NEVERMIND, sorry I missed the part about the flexpipe being messed up. Don't mind me

-saaby

[This message has been edited by Saaby (edited 06-10-2001).]

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the way I see it, since everything about that whole part of my car is original (aka 10 years old) I need to get something to fix it. Since most of it is fused together I can get the HS and put it on for the same as just getting some place to do it with the factory stuff...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts