SR20 Forum banner

The turbo path

813 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  sr20boston 
#1 ·
So I've finally decided to embark on turboing my SE-R. In order to do things right, I am going to do it step by step over this summer and into the fall. I also would like to learn as much as I can about my car in this time as I go.

My flex pipe is swiss cheese. I just ordered a Gen 4 Hotshot header which I will be getting soon. My question is about the exhaust. I was looking at the GReddy SP originally, but I'm not sure if that is the best choice for when a turbo is installed later down the road. What would be a good system to look at? I will be going with an F-Max kit btw...

...and so it begins.
Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
Why bother getting the Greddy? It will be waaay too small once you go turbo. You will need to get a custom 3" exhaust. Jannetty Racing in Waterbury can do a mandral bend 3 inch for ya. www.jannettyracing.com The header is also useless (unless you want to make MarC's day) once you go turbo.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

#5 ·
If you are upgrading towards a turbo, WHY are you getting a header? You will have to scrap it for the turbo manifold when you go turbo.

NEVERMIND, sorry I missed the part about the flexpipe being messed up. Don't mind me

-saaby

[This message has been edited by Saaby (edited 06-10-2001).]

#6 ·
Yeah the way I see it, since everything about that whole part of my car is original (aka 10 years old) I need to get something to fix it. Since most of it is fused together I can get the HS and put it on for the same as just getting some place to do it with the factory stuff...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.