SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
yup
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking today whether installing thermoblock spacers would keep the electronics on the intake manifold from grounding their best? Seems like it might be a good idea to use some grounding straps on the intake manifold. Or are none of those electronics grounded to the intake manifold?

obviously this is not a problem that people are experiencing because no one has reported something like this here on the forum... tell me what you think.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Well, the manifold will still maintain contact with the block through the various studs/bolts, no?

·
yup
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah that makes sense and i guess through the mounting supports also... it was just something i was thinking about...

i would be curious though whether or not a manifold with the spacers would benifit more for a grounding kit then one with out the spacers... too bad we dont have two identical sentras to do a controlled voltage drop experiment with... anyway im sure its not bad just using the noodle for things other than school work

·
Registered
724 Posts
When I installed my spacers, I thought the same thing. My trusty multimeter was showing good continuity to ground on different spots on the intake. I added a ground cable to resolve any doubt- no issues so far:)
Chris

·
Registered
415 Posts
ok so we know that the ground is good, but i have the thermo kit on order and was wondering what u guys really think about them, r they really worth the na engine build or sell them and buy other laughing things.
time slip differences anyone?

·
Boost Addict
1,451 Posts
By the way folks, how difficult is the install of these spacers with the motor in the car?

·
Registered
415 Posts
not too hard for the install, just let all the intake pieces cool off so that things are not warped when being removed. i had some water hoses to change under the intake and from 9am to about 3pm was one with the intake manifold cleaned and a few beer breaks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts