SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this 95 200SX SER about a month ago from my brother, and damn i hate the seats. They are alot worse than the passatvr6 leather seats i was so used to.

Has anybody replaced the SER seats? I was thikning maybe if I could find a newer Sentra leather seat or something ( did they ever make em in leather?)

Or maybe get some racing style seats like Corbeaus or Monacos or Recaro$.

Let me know if any of ya'll have replaced the seats?

Thanks,
Matt

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, flat K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, sound system
'99 Prelude base - CAI, Greddy SP
'02 TL Type S - Stock

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
A common thing to do is get your hands on a set of 91-92 Sentra SE-R seats and put them in the 200sx.

You won't want leather if performance is your main cause.....leather seats make you slide around alot on hard turns.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know about leather... it's not too big a concern for me -- my last car was leather and i liked it alot but i could go either way leather or cloth...

Also another reason for new seats is to spiff up the cabin a bit... its pretty boring and plain in there! I dunno how classic SER seats would look but ill check it out. Any idea what the going price range is for a set?

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, flat K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, sound system
'99 Prelude base - CAI, Greddy SP
'02 TL Type S - Stock

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the suggestion LS! I'll check into that

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just throwing this idea out in case you might be interested. I'm replacing my seats with those from a '90-'96 300zx. Driver seats go for about $100 to $150 depending on condition. I found a passenger seat for $20 at my local wrecking yard. Here's a pic of the passenger seat installed.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1643181&a=12573691&p=49386570&f=0

[This message has been edited by norurb (edited 06-19-2001).]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Something else to mention. The 300zx seat sits about 1" higher, makes you feel more...adult. All my passengers have commented that it feels much better than the original SE-R classic seat.

To install, I reused the outer Sentra rail with a custom bracket. For the inner rail I just used the 300zx unit, just needed to drill a new bolt hole to the floor bracket.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
I just checked out a 300zx seat that my father was recovering and DAMN was that thing heavy. Nice but waaaaay to heavy for my taste

·
Registered
113 Posts
Was it an electric seat? You can find some manual (non-power) seats. Should be lighter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts