SR20 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Witness The Power Of AWD!
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST got my newly ceramic coated exhaust manifold and turbine housing back from the US. I was the only sad mofo @ Fedex waiting for them to unlock the doors :redface:. They were done by Jet Hot. Great s**t this stuff. Looks awesome. Its their Jet Hot 2000 coating, a matte black, wrinkle coating that withstands 2450*F or 1343*C.

Cant wait to install these babies. 2 parts closer to completion. You know i will have pix later

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
niiiice

·
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a custom one i had made localy. its made out of carbon steel so it wont expand and contract as much as stainless....i think this will help out alot to keep the coating from flaking off.

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
I have the same coating on my manifold and exhaust housing. It will discolor a bit after some use, but it looks better than rust.

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
Damn, you got all the cool toys now :) I wish I had stuff like that hehe.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Are you going with a blow through maf system since the air filter is right on the compressor intake?

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
i would cut the flange between the cylinders, the high carbon steel may not flex or warp much, but if it does, it puts stress on the welds and may cause cracking.

nice looking **** though, is that a burns collector?

·
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HotshtSR20 said:
i would cut the flange between the cylinders, the high carbon steel may not flex or warp much, but if it does, it puts stress on the welds and may cause cracking.

nice looking **** though, is that a burns collector?
thats what the fabricators were thinking but because of the welding ...constant heating and cooling the runners may have some tension in them causing them to not be uniform anymore....if you follow. Then i would have to machine the face of the flange at best.

They made the collector when they made the manifold :D

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
yeah, but the studs will hold it relatively close. i would rather have a slightly warped manifold than a cracked one.

·
Registered
194 Posts
He is,they're varuca socks;).Nikko,keep your feet out of the pics please,youer toes are longer than the wastegate pipe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts