SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Born to boost
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, sorry, but car was not going to sell at asking price. Now it is getting torn down of turbo parts, f/s thread will be started when done. Anyway, I pulling parts off left and right and go to take out 02 sensor. LoL, my hack wiring job never held together, the plug end just pulls out of taped off cripped end to the sensor. So, my o2 sensor has never really been working for awhile now. Maybe, just maybe that is how I got the numbers I have on my dyno. It is just funny to see that something that you thought was working good wasnt even doing a thing. I thought I would share as my tear down is going great. :biggthump

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
Well, sorry, but car was not going to sell at asking price. Now it is getting torn down of turbo parts, f/s thread will be started when done. Anyway, I pulling parts off left and right and go to take out 02 sensor. LoL, my hack wiring job never held together, the plug end just pulls out of taped off cripped end to the sensor. So, my o2 sensor has never really been working for awhile now. Maybe, just maybe that is how I got the numbers I have on my dyno. It is just funny to see that something that you thought was working good wasnt even doing a thing. I thought I would share as my tear down is going great. :biggthump
No, not the reason.

·
Born to boost
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
always double check your work....
thanks for the tip.

I didnt think it would be the cause of my numbers, but was funny so I thought I would laugh at myself with everyone on here.

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
i hear you....Ive been there as well. Sometimes even when you double check your work its possible its still faulty. Especially with wiring. Ive ran wires before and swore they were correct after checking 2 or 3 times, only to find out they were backwards or shorted to ground or something...

Important thing is you found the problem, but I guess it doesnt matter since ur partng it out :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts