SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
that is the top bolt for the rear mount. It is hard to find at first but if you look hard enough you will see it. On your rear tranny mount there is an opening towards the top. It goes in there. You should have put two bolts through the mount and into the tranny. My bet is that you forgot the top one and put the longer bolt in the bottom hole and thought that was all.

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sr20ser1997 said:
that is the top bolt for the rear mount. It is hard to find at first but if you look hard enough you will see it. On your rear tranny mount there is an opening towards the top. It goes in there. You should have put two bolts through the mount and into the tranny. My bet is that you forgot the top one and put the longer bolt in the bottom hole and thought that was all.

Ok, I do have an empty hole in the rear tranny mount...but I couldnt get this thing to thread in for the life of me. The empty hole I have is way deep into the mount, there is a large opening it goes through, then a small opening, and after the small opening is the threaded hole in the tranny. I had to use an extension to reach in there. Is that the one your talking about?

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
thats nothing to do witht the tranny mount, theres 2 14 mm bolts on the bottom of the tranny head side is on the motor, i have no clue what it does cause i dont use it. good luck

·
"Keep firing, Assholes!"
796 Posts
i'll check it out when i get home in a little while. my car is apart and most of the bolts are in ziplocks and labled. hopefully that one is labled too. it looks like a bolt from the rear mount to me though.

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh dude, those are worth mad amounts of money. I had to throw it in the pic to show it off, its worth about 1,000 bucks. Copper quarters are RARE, only about 100 were made, and it was in 1967 ! :eek:

so ya, that damn bolt is the only one left before i start tightening everything up, and put the axles back on. but now its snowing and i dont have a garage damnit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts