SR20 Forum banner

Thoughts about 98 Sentra SE?

941 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  DaGenesis 
#1 ·
I found a nice 98 Sentra SE w/ 24K at a dealer near me, and I wanted some input on the car. I know these things are somewhat rare, but who has one/ has driven one? Any thoughts? Is there anything major other than the VLSD that I'll miss? I have a 91 SE-R now, but I'm hoping to get something w/ fewer miles. Thanks for the help.

Samir
(like the guy from Office Space, but I swear just a *little* less frequently)

#2 ·
A 98 Sentra SE is a great car to get. 24k isn't too bad either, mines a 99 and I already have 34k on it (what can I say, I love to drive). Overall, its a good car, good mileage, plenty interior room. I'd buy it.....but then again I already one. :D

#6 ·
Well, I've thoroughly enjoyed my 98 SE. Sadly, I'm selling her,too.

I haven't posted her in the "For Sale" column yet - just a brief run down as she sits now:

MODS - PERFORMANCE:
HOT SHOT CAI
AEBS HEADER
COURTESY SS EXHAUST
SMC SHORT SHIFTER
B13 BRAKE CALIPERS/ METAL MASTER PADS
SMC SS BRAKE LINES
HELLA FF300 DRIVING LIGHTS
KUHMO 205/50/15
ES MOTOR MOUNT INSERTS
ES SHIFTER BUSHING

MODS - STEREO:
ALPINE V12 4-CHANNEL AMP
ALPINE V12 2-CHANNEL AMP
1 FARAD CAPACITOR
BOSTON ACCOUSTIC RALLYE 6.5" SEPERATES (front)
BOSTON ACCOUSTIC RALLYE 6.5" COAXIAL (rear)
BOSTON ACCOUSTIC PRO 10" SUB (custom box)
HEAVY GAUGE WIRES/RCA/FUSING

MODS - MISC:
BILLET PEDALS
TINTED WINDOWS (LEGAL %)
BOSCH WIPERS
SYNTHETIC FLUIDS

Currently has 56,400 miles with additional 36,000 mile Nissan bumper-to-bumper warranty. I plan to sell her as is first. KBB for the car when stock is $9500 less warranty ($900). I'll let her go for $11,000.

More details when I post in For Sale column or upon request.

Sigh,
Chris

#8 ·
4 doors 4 life

The 98 is almost as cool as a 99 :D I love having 4 doors though. So much easier if you drive ppl around like I do (unfortunately).

BTW squeezinSE your car looks great. I'm thinking about getting that front end because someone hit mine and I have insurance money lying around to fix it.

#11 ·
Re: 4 doors 4 life

Xosis said:
The 98 is almost as cool as a 99 :D I love having 4 doors though. So much easier if you drive ppl around like I do (unfortunately).

BTW squeezinSE your car looks great. I'm thinking about getting that front end because someone hit mine and I have insurance money lying around to fix it.
The 4 doors is what got me too. I like the sedan/touring look without being too extreme, that was my whole idea anyways. With how low I keep my car it's kind of pain with ppl in the back seat but with the 2.0 no problems.

If you can get the front end, do it. It's really durable, I hit a tire in the road going 80 and just left some black marks but they came right off with some goof off.

#13 ·
fred99sr20 said:
squeezinSE, how much nitrous are you squeezing and whats your quickest e.t./fastest trap speed?

BTW-your car looks clean
I ran it once and didn't too well cuz I have a lot of extra weight with the stereo. The 17's don't help much either. I'm running a 60 shot but soon won't have to use nitrous:) I'd rather not say. It was never tuned right and I ran faster without NOS. Works awesome on the freeway though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.