SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
going thru life @ 1 bar
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant do much but talk about it right now.
But this is what ive decided to do...

I currently have a GT2860RS .64ar turbine. ( i wanted the .86 though)

I got this off a forum member and will be changing over to this old full race manifold

This will be added to it 38mm WG

when that is put on, this will be added T25 flanged t31 vband outlet .82AR turbine housing

My thoughts, still very response and should net me another 20whp and be very unique.

eventually i will put a 2871r on it (as long as when i go to i dont have housing clearance issues)

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
I never had a problem with a GT2871R requiring an external gate, especially if your running more than 15psi boost, where lots of exhaust is actually going through the turbine with minimal exhaust flow through the small exhaust wastegate outlet.

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
that aem is perhaps your best investment

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can almost hear what your car would sound after you installed your setup. It's going to be really mean! I envy you to have such great setup. Do you mind if I'd ask how much all of it cost? It must be a lot...

·
going thru life @ 1 bar
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
239 fuel pump
500 manifold
295 turbine housing
279 38mm WG
Labor for adding wastegate and exhaust plumbing - 8 hours labor @ 90/hr
4 hours tuning on AEM @ 150/hr
Im also changing to topfeed injectors and an Aeromotive AFPR. ($676)
This doesnt include upgrading to a 2871r CHRA.

·
going thru life @ 1 bar
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
using a larger A/R will lower exhaust gas velocity, and delay boost rise. The flow in a larger A/R housing enters the wheel in a more radial fashion, increasing the wheel's effective flow capacity, resulting in lower backpressure and better power at higher engine speeds

and also, when i go to the drag strip it might give me a better chance to hook off the line before i start spinning (a few nanoseconds might help lol)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts