SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know everyone has said emanage wont controll the vvl but what do people think about emanage just for the injector change and maf change plus to tune a little,and msd switches to control the vvl.in the emanage book it lists the sr20ve and there is a setting for the ve maf.Please all thoughts would be greatful positive or negative

·
retired
1,501 Posts
im going to use the e-manage on the stock ecu for a little while and use the e-manage to control the cams. The e-manage CAN control the cams, you just have to look past a few things. If your using the e-manage it doesnt really matter what maf you use as long as its not getting maxed out. I heard the JWT VE program is really good though, the fuel maps are good.

-Nate

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you really want to use the emanage to control your cams then buy the additional injector harness. Then what you do is wire your relays to the injector wires. Then in the additional injector map you can just turn all the values above a certain RPM, say 4500, to 100%. This will make the relay click on, thus switching your cams. The only downside to this is the fact that I believe both of the additional injector outputs are on the same map, so therefore you will switch both the intake and exhaust cam at the same time.

People have been using this 'trick' to wire up a 2 step rev limiter the same way and I believe it works.

·
retired
1,501 Posts
wedge02specv said:
If you really want to use the emanage to control your cams then buy the additional injector harness. Then what you do is wire your relays to the injector wires. Then in the additional injector map you can just turn all the values above a certain RPM, say 4500, to 100%. This will make the relay click on, thus switching your cams. The only downside to this is the fact that I believe both of the additional injector outputs are on the same map, so therefore you will switch both the intake and exhaust cam at the same time.

People have been using this 'trick' to wire up a 2 step rev limiter the same way and I believe it works.
You use the sub injector wires and the sub injector map.

·
Banned
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i have decided to use the emanage to control the maf-inj,and some tuning but i have not decided if i want to use the tried and true msd way or be a little different and try the greddy mss all together the price is about the same +- like 10-20$.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts