SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody manufactuer a strut tower brace that connects the strut towers and the firewall? It would would be a triangle shaped bar.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Never seen any around myself. But no reason why you couldnt make one
. Take a regular STB and modify the mounting plate. Weld on another "tab" or such to connect a bar to, then run it back there. Now the key is, is there anywhere on the firewall that is structuraly strong. I havent peered under the dash so dont know what all is backing that firewall. You dont want to just stick it to sheetmetal with no backing. In a full race car that wouldnt be a problem. You could run it to a rollcage tube or the "dash bar" that big heavy bar thats in there. And just cut some holes in the firewall, if they let you do that I dont know.

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
it was made famous because it came factory on certain toyota's back in the 80's. i know the corolla fx-16's had them, and my '88 celica gt-s has one, but i'm unsure on any others. since my car has crappy ass struts i'm not sure how it works or anything.

------------------

representing the plains with a slammed in door, but loud and fast, 1991 nissan sentra se-r, and now a sweet looking silver 1988 toyota celica gt-s with more show than go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts