SR20 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Well that engine had 160k, like 60-80k with constant NOS abuse. That is EXTREME and it's AWESOME that it lasted that long. That's pretty darn good if you ask me

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">what happened.</font>
That's what happens when your piston cracks while squeezing a 100HP shot of NOS on the freeway!
The motor belongs to SoCal-SERCA LM Frank Orozco. Fortunately he had purchased a JDM Primera motor a few months before this happened so his downtime was very short.

BTW,that motor at a recent Dyno Day put down 247HP with the bottle!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
kinda scares me. I might be getting my car dynoed on Sat, and have not used the NOS in a few months, and I am not even using the JWT kit. gulp

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I have three laying around right now
riiiiiight.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
Did the piston crack or the rod bod fail?? That hole looks just like the rod bolt failures a few of us road racers have seen!! Minie did that in the last turn at Roebling Road. Just as a note it was a completly stock motor!

Blair

·
Registered
466 Posts
All of the above. If you look at all the pictures on his page, you can see in the oil pan what is left of piston #1. A+ job in my book.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Whoops. I hope that doesn't happen when I go nitrous.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
it won't if you run it correctly, and have good milege on the engine. I believe he had about 180k on his, and most of the engine life was with the NOS installed on the car. see a honda engine do that, or better yet, any engine.

------------------

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Whoops. I hope that doesn't happen when I go nitrous.</font>
Hehe, never heard the term "go nitrous" before. "Go turbo" works, but go nitrous?
LOL

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
My three reasons:

1. It's illegal
2. It's dangerous
3. It scares me

I know that know one will find out but if you get pulled over and have a knowledgable officer make you pop your trunk and he sees the blue bottle there, who knows what will happen.

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Whoops, sorry I hope that doesn't happen when I turn to the bottle. Does that work? I'd love to GO TURBO
but don't have the cash. The JWT 50 shot is pretty safe from what I've heard, plus my car only has 40k on it.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Hehe, never heard the term "go nitrous" before. "Go turbo" works, but go nitrous?</font>
I have. I can also remember when we called NOS cars "Babies".

[This message has been edited by Subculture (edited 12-22-2000).]

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Cool, I think I'll be ok too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.