SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, has anyone tried the modification to their SE-R Throttle body? Either boring or using a maxima, 240, or 300z TB? What works best? TIA!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> PR CAI, Cat Back, ST Shifter & Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, & JWT CPU COMING SOON!

[This message has been edited by ProjectSE-R (edited 08-11-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Word, email Big Boost he doing one for me. Hes the guy who has the custom intake manifolds. He can also bore your MAF

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEy thanks, I think I read that post earlier last week! Im on it!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> PR CAI, Cat Back, ST Shifter & Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, & JWT CPU COMING SOON!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant find that post from Big Boost, you dont happen to know his email do ya?

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> PR CAI, Cat Back, ST Shifter & Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, & JWT CPU COMING SOON!

·
Registered
858 Posts
yes I've done it to mine 6 years ago.just a little something there and better throttle response.RC engineering bored it out 4 mm bigger and made the plate for it bigger. they say its like 4-8 more hp also did the maf 4mm bigger.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ProjectSE-R:
Hey gang, has anyone tried the modification to their SE-R Throttle body? Either boring or using a maxima, 240, or 300z TB? What works best? TIA!
</font>
Don't waste your time. The stock TB is already 64mm...HUGE for a 4cyl.

There is no power to be gained from a TB...okay maybe if your stuffing 20+psi into the motor like I did yes but NA your wasting your time.

Mike Kojima has verified this on a dyno. The only thing this will do is crisp up throttle response a bit.

The stock MAF is 52mm anyway and again a larger MAF on a NA motor provided NO hp gain.

You can not just "bore out" a MAF without the proper ECU calibration being done. Your car will run all screwed up and not be in optimal tune.

Jay Hassinger
B14 Turbo 409whp (Sold)
91 TSi 11.80's for under 5 grand including the car.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to have the TB bored thenget the Cobra MAF before I get the JWT ecu next month. Sine I am getting boost here real soon, I just figured that if I had those already done, its just one less thing to do after the turbo install!

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ProjectSE-R:
I was going to have the TB bored thenget the Cobra MAF before I get the JWT ecu next month. Sine I am getting boost here real soon, I just figured that if I had those already done, its just one less thing to do after the turbo install!</font>

Your going to have to get your injectors and fuel rail at the same time.

They need to program the fuel maps to the Cobra MAF and 50/72lb injectors.

That makes sense if you plan on going turbo anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts