SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is adjusted by loosening and tightening the nuts that are on the cable closest to the intake manifold/ throttle body right? Mine is really loose I can there is about a half inch of vertical slack in the cable if I pull it straight up. What does the other cable do that is next to it?

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
To figure out which is the throttle cable, have someone step on the gas pedal (with the car turned OFF) and watch to see which one moves. You'll need two 14mm wrenches. Be careful not to adjust the cable so that the throttle plate is open, even a little bit. Your idle will go crazy :D

The other one is the cable for the cruise control. It's best it doesn't have slack either although obviously it won't help performance...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zeno said:
When looking at the engine from the front of the car, the top cable is throttle, bottow is cruise control.
yea thanks, that's what i thought

·
yup
1,208 Posts
i adjust my throttle cables with the car running... you'd be surprised how easy it is to crack the throttle plate open just the tiniest bit... just listen to the engine and if it jumps up in rpms you know you've tightening it too much... trust me it is easy to over tighten it and it is an idle killer if you do over tighten

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nj20de said:
i adjust my throttle cables with the car running... you'd be surprised how easy it is to crack the throttle plate open just the tiniest bit... just listen to the engine and if it jumps up in rpms you know you've tightening it too much... trust me it is easy to over tighten it and it is an idle killer if you do over tighten
cool, sounds like a good idea... nice gauges btw, did you cut the mount by yourself, or buy it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.