SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At an autocross yesterday, my throttle cable began to fray and made the throttle stick. Not exactly the way I wanted my day to go.

So, has anyone changed out the throttle cable? Any advice to make it easier? Is the dealer the only option for parts?(2 local parts stores don't carry it)

Thanks. On the bright side, I won my class with only 2 runs.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was shocked to find a cable at another local (read: not a national chain) parts store. $29. Wow. I figured $50+. Anywho, I have the old cable disconnected, but I can't figure out how to get it through the fire wall. It doesn't coem apart, and there are washers on it that won't fit through the hole in the fire wall. I can cut it, but that won't help me thread the new on though. Thoughts?

Anyway, working up under the dash in a car with a roll cage is a sonofabitch.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

1 - 3 of 3 Posts