SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, this forum could benefit from some sort of alias URL... not quite so easy to remember (thank goodness for bookmarks).

Now, on to the main topic: Man, I'm feeling awfully stupid, because I've read the National Mailing List archives, and I still don't seem to comprehend. I don't have my factory service manual in front of me right now (it's at home somewhere). In order to measure the TPS voltage:

1.) Remove TPS connector.
2.) Put key in the ignition; turn to the "ON" Position.
3.) Measure the voltage of the throttle position sensor (mounted on the throttle body). Measure the voltage by touching the ends of the probes to the top two pins (if you put it in the wrong way, the voltage will come up negative, but that doesn't matter to me...)
4.) Rotate the TPS in order to adjust the voltage (I haven't gotten to this step yet.)

Is all of this correct? I hope not, because I get a reading of 0 volts...

Does anybody have any pictures to help me, since I'm too stupid to figure this out? If not, I guess I can try to locate my FSM.

Y'all should take a look at www.vfaq.com by the way. It makes working on the Eclipse much easier, and possibly something could be set-up for the SE-R as well.

I'm still feeling silly - I can install cams but I can't do this... hmmm, maybe I screwed that up too.

·
Registered
466 Posts
One question, was the harness still pluged into the TPS? If not, that's your problem. To measure the voltage with the harness connected, use 2 paper clips and touch the volt meter to those. Be careful not to let the paper clips touch each other.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoVTECSER:
One question, was the harness still pluged into the TPS? If not, that's your problem. To measure the voltage with the harness connected, use 2 paper clips and touch the volt meter to those. Be careful not to let the paper clips touch each other.</font>
Hmm.... Where is the harness plug located? I do in fact have some sort of plug that's not connected (and never has been since I've purchased the car as far as I know [!] - it's on the same wire group as the TPS connector.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bah, please disregard my previous post... it's been a long day at work. I checked the FSM, and I think I understand; I'll try it tomorrow when my head is on straight (I'll surely short something out if I try it now)...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts