SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever had their throwout bearing pop off the clutch fork. Cuz i think thats just what happened to mine. I was at the car wash and i reved a couple times and i go to put the clutch in and it has a really really weird feeling. alot harder pedal feel and it was making noise in the tranny when i would have the clutch pressed all the way in. now even with the clutch all the way pressed it the clutch is not disengaging all the way. i cant even get it into gear with the car running. i had to shut the car off. put it into first then start the car and the it would pull the car until it started and then i would let the clutch out and go. and i have to rev match all my gears when im shifting. and i end up grinding them all the time. im going to be taking the tranny off tommorrow. The clutch has a really hard pedal feel and it wont even start disengaging the clutch until the pedal is about over half way down to the floor and all the way down isnt much better. I think when i did my new clutch i should have replaced the clips on the throwout bearing that clip onto that arm. they didnt seem like they were snapping on good when i installed the bearing. so i think im going to order a new t/o bearing and new clips. the ones on there are original and they are probably just worn out. so i guess well see tommorrow. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeah, lol it was my disk. it threw a spring. that happended once, i put it back in because i didnt have the time to wait for a new disk and also didnt have the money. so i put it back in and it lasted longer than the first time and then it threw two more springs. i now have that fixed. ive had to do like three clutch jobs a span of 3 months. sucked bad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts