SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got back from Willows, California. It's about 80 miles north of Sacramento, anyways they have a SCCA owned racetrack there.

I took my 200sx se-r and represented us for a day of racing. All the other cars were BMW's, Mercedes, a Cobra kit car, Porsches, a Corvette, a Mustang, NSX's, etc. Good challenge huh?

I drove my car for all that it was worth, very aggressive. I ended up being able to pass:

1. C5 Corvette...driver lacked skill :)
2. Porsche Boxster
3. older 911 Porsche
4. 2 4-door BMW M3's
5. 285 HP Z28 Camaro
6. 200 HP V6 Mustang
7. S2000 Honda roadster...driver again :)
8. 4-door Mercedes V8

We were allowed to pass only on straight aways so me running a stock engine except for the Jim Wolf computer, I quickly ran out of steam. But the reason I got past these cars was that through all the turns, sweepers, and blind corners, I was on their ass hard! And the best part was that I brought my camcorder and taped it all!

Anyways I know where some pictures are of me and some of the other cars that raced that day, let me know if you want to see them, And I'll give you the website there on.

It was 108 degrees that day! The nissan didn't overheat! But one Porsche did, 2 older M3's, and a 320 HP trans am. I ran 15% antifreeze, the rest filled with water, and one bottle of water wetter.

Well, sorry about all the dialogue. But man was that fun. All hail NISSAN :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
like people have said before and will say again, Nissan is probably one of the most underrated cars you can buy. the handling, acceleration, braking, ect cannot be beat for the money, and can embarass most 30-40k cars. oh ya. gotta love that

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.K., here is the website for the pictures, they're on a temporary website that one of the racers created.

www.jps.net/dgraves/thunderhill00/index.htm

I'm only on four pictures. So you'll have to look....my car is black so that will narrow it down a little. :)

As for the video, I had a race shop fabricate me a crossbar, then attached a camera mount to it. So the picture quality is pretty good. The bad news is that I have no way of putting the video footage on the net. My computer is "stock" :) No special video cards, no agp slots, no scanner, no digital camera, etc., etc.

Sorry guys, because I'd love to show it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts