SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been hearing a really wierd sound coming from the engine compartment lately...A 'thunk" noise when a)I let in with a bit too much gas when shifting or b)when I accelerate from a standing stop, mostly under 3/4 full throttle. I'm trying to track down a new clutch, but in the interim, any ideas on what that noise is/ I can actually feel the vibrations right through the transmission tunnel/gas pedal area. That isn't a trans mount that's broken, is it?? Otherwise, I don't have any other problems accelerating, shifting, etc.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Damn chris, your car is cursed.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
it is probably your rear motor mount. I ripped mine twice before the e/s mouns I put in around 35k.

·
Registered
858 Posts
check the mounts chris especially the tranny mount towards the rear of crossmember. they go bad after time. or justget the inserts from courtesy 75 bucks for all of them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know Ryan...tell me about it!!!! I'm going to have the trans. shop look at that mount anyway, but I wasn't sure if that's where the noise was coming from.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I don't think the rear mount would make a lot of noise, but if the front one was loose, it does. Mine was loose and you could see where the bolt was moving up and down on the bracket.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I'll have the trans shop look at it, but i'm getting ****in' TIRED of putting $ into this car....As Ryan can tell you, it seems like every week there's something new that's wrong with it. I'm starting to wonder if this car was one of those "flood damaged" cars....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts