SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The judge dropped the ticket but made me pay court costs and take a driver improvement course, which I heard is almost death. He yaks from 8-6 or something like that. Anyway court costs $22, class $25, so a total of $47, which isn't bad, although I'm still poor so I'm working it off with my parents.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Hey you came out ahead, considering you kept your insurance costs down be keeping your record clean. Traffic school ain't so bad, sit next to a cute chick. (There's always tons of them in there, they all suck at driving)

That just reminded me, the first time I went to traffic school, I didn't even get a ticket or anything.. My parents made me go with my mom since I was caught passing them on a double yellow a few weeks earlier. When it was my turn to say why I was there, I had to explain my parents made me go and that I had no ticket. All the moms in the room were cheering and patting my mom on the back.

Oh well, I'm ahead now, since then she's gotten 4 tickets and I've gotten 2. Plus I'm faster on an autox course (not that she autox's)

OK long boring story over.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
they all suck at driving. thats just not right. wait, it is
(I'm going straight to hell for that one)

G

·
0 Posts
I've heard from some pretty reliable sources that if you can actually avoid having points added to your license. I'm very confident this works on any points system like we have here in Colorado. Here's how it works: If you get a speeding ticket you must "overpay" the fines owned to the court. So if you owe $53 send them a check for $60. The county of couse will have to send you a refund check for the remaining $7 they owe you. Don't cash this check! Throw it in the trash. Points cannot be added onto your license until all finacial transactions are complete. If they still owe you $7 they cannot add the points on your license. No adverse side effects, etc. will show up when you get pulled over becasue all fines are paid. I have heard from several souces that this does work. Let me know if it doesn't. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts