SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I have the #3 cyl.lifter making a ticking sound and now it's slightly louder after a month or so .can't I put in some liquid in the oil that stops this or what items do I need rocker arm , lifter, can this ruin my turbo cam? is it an easy fix up? any suggestions will be appreciated! thanks

·
_______
3,640 Posts
"ruin my turbo cam"
Do you have the Nissan Motorsports turbo cam? I always thought it was desigend for mechanical hvals like in the GTI-R motor. Mabey you should try an engine flush like STP or the like. If that dosen't work try puting your stock cam back in and replacing you rocker arms.

Mike
98sentraSE Turbo

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the turbo cam is for the gti-r but nismo sells them as the motor sports mild cam. you feel a big difference with these cams but it idles the car with a lumpety idle. rump, rump, rump, rump like that. similar to the J W s4 cams. nismo says its all they use on competition cars! I love these cams! you can feel the difference from the stock ones especially mid to high rpm!
I flushed the engine already but was thinking of marvel mystery oil for sticking lifters any suggestions?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Pop the VC and check all you shims and guides? While its off check your rockers+lobes for scufing and even pop off the spray bars and clean them out with some carb cleaner.

The motor dosen't have lifters it has Hydrolic valve lash adjusters(HVAL'S). Sometimes they go bad and can't get oil pumped into them
Before trying marvel mo(I heard its ng anyway) I'd try an other engine flush. What did you use for the flush?

98sentraSE Turbo

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried this gunk engine flush .put it in and idle the engine for 5 min. then the nasty black dirty oil came out and then I put castrol 5w30 and nothing. as a matter of fact the ticking came after all that. nothing before.I'll try it again! on sunday!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts