SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the deal i changed my oil but it seemed that durin my last oil change i used the socket to tighten it. dumb ass. well it took four guys and 3 tools and a pole to finally get the filter off. wew pierced it, ripped it, hit it with a hammer, the works. ill post the pic up soon just ta show u guys. what a horang. :rolleyes:

·
Bad Banana
1,411 Posts
I always just tighten it with my hand. It always comes off pretty easy, but sometimes it's a bitch.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I use a filter wrench on mine, just have to be careful not to overdo it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Good reminder for anyone. When I was around 18 or 19, overtightened the filter on my Pulsar. Sounds like I used the same method to get it off: punctured it with a long, sharp screwdriver and turned it off. Never again!

On the NX, no problems overtightening by hand. If the engine is warm, due to the position of the oil filter, you'll have third-degree burns long before you overtighten it with your hand. :tongue:

santo51 said:
ok heres the deal i changed my oil but it seemed that durin my last oil change i used the socket to tighten it. dumb ass. well it took four guys and 3 tools and a pole to finally get the filter off. wew pierced it, ripped it, hit it with a hammer, the works. ill post the pic up soon just ta show u guys. what a horang. :rolleyes:

·
I love Katamari
1,187 Posts
CapoDiTuttiCapi said:
On the NX, no problems overtightening by hand. If the engine is warm, due to the position of the oil filter, you'll have third-degree burns long before you overtighten it with your hand. :tongue:
yeah, I've done that - and yanking your hand out while it's pinned in by the ps lines is fun too

·
Registered
812 Posts
the first time i changed my oil i had to get the filter off by peircing it with a screw driver too... i took it to some place to get the oil changed the time before that and it wouldnt come off... they must have tightened it with something :S

i always just use my hand now

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bjorn said:
yeah, I've done that - and yanking your hand out while it's pinned in by the ps lines is fun too
yup thats y i wait like 3 hours ta let the engine cool

·
Registered
186 Posts
santo51 said:
yup thats y i wait like 3 hours ta let the engine cool
i went to a local 10 min oil change place for my oil change yesterday i was FOUR DAYS overdue! after driving teh car around for like 5 hours :) and it was out on the highway and back and then around town idleing a whole bunch :)

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
NastyNX2K said:
I use a filter wrench on mine, just have to be careful not to overdo it.
Me too!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I tighten mine by hand every time, and every time I need to use the stab method to get it out, sucks. You would think nissan would have put it in an easy to access place, I'm thinking of buying the relocator kit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Relocator kit?? Sounds good to me. The filters position is bloody rediculous. I always have to use a screwdriver and let the oil go everywhere. I cant get any type of wrench in there. If you tighten it up by hand which you should do, it makes it a lot easier for next time if you put grease on the seal/o-ring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts