SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 years of Solo2 junk, my OE clutch is on its last legs. I have 42k on the car, but it doesn't grab good anymore. I have tried to adjust it, but my sister's '91 has a better clutch than mine. Now I can justify getting the flywheel lightened too. What prices has everyone paid for a ACT or a JWT? I don't need a full out race clutch, just a good one. I was looking at a JWT PP with a OE disc.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Here's some prices for you:

I bought the JWT PP last year this time for my 91. It was $220 I believe direct from JWT. Other places like Apex had it for like $190 but their customer services sucks (or so I have experienced)

I bought the Key-Value OEM clutch kit direct from my local Nissan dealer. It was like $89-95. Can't remember exactly how much. Anyways I used all of the stuff except of course the PP which I sold on SE-R.net for like $30. I would recommend the setup, the pedal effort is almost like stock, but I got huge ****ing burnouts in the 1st-2nd redline shift, and got the occasional 2nd-3rd chirp.

Your actually onto something as I'm looking for a new clutch soon.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - with the $hitty stock cams, 14's this season

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Oh yeah forgot to mention, I think the ACT clutch is a little bit more heavy duty, so if you ever plan on like NOS or Turbo or something, go with that. The JWT pp is good for like 250hp.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
If you're still going to run Street Touring in Solo II, you have no choice but OEM.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy

·
Registered
420 Posts
I paid 300 for the ACT PP and Disk from RX7.com out of Dallas. I beat the crap out of that thing, which in turn beat the crap out of my tires. It chirps really well tho.

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R
PR CAI; ACT Disc & PP; ES MM; Pro-Kits; 17* timing; now raising funds for AGX's

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You won't tell will ya Pat? I'll probabily go with the JWT, and get an extra flywheel lightened.

G

·
0 Posts
I dont remember what I paied for the PP but I would recomend the JWT set up to anyone thats not making stupid power. I love mine. Dont get the Key Value clutch tho. Call up Courtersy or get ahold of mee on pricing for the OE disk.

MarC

·
Registered
222 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ser_200sx:
Dont get the Key Value clutch tho. </font>
Why why why???
Thats what I have sitting on my floor and I was going to get the JWT PP after discussing it with some others on the board.

Jason

G

·
0 Posts
The key value clutch is cheeper than the normal clutch disk. There is a reason for that. I dont think the key value will hold up as well or last as long as the normal one.

Jay,
If you show up at E-town tomorrow I will be more than happy to let you drive my car.

MarC

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jayac:
Why why why???
Thats what I have sitting on my floor and I was going to get the JWT PP after discussing it with some others on the board.
Jason
</font>
Don't worry about it. I used the Key value disc and the JWT PP for over 15,000 miles and it was fine when I sold the car. I think the regular OEM disc is a little better as it's more expensive. But you'll be fine.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - with the $hitty stock cams, 14's this season

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoVTECSER:
After 3 years of Solo2 junk, my OE clutch is on its last legs. I have 42k on the car, but it doesn't grab good anymore. I have tried to adjust it, but my sister's '91 has a better clutch than mine. Now I can justify getting the flywheel lightened too. What prices has everyone paid for a ACT or a JWT? I don't need a full out race clutch, just a good one. I was looking at a JWT PP with a OE disc.

</font>
I have the ACT HD PP with sprung street disc. It withstands 17-18psi no problem but can get overheated at the track with slicks pretty easy if your not careful. Anything under 15psi is cake.

I'm floored at what this clutch is holding for power. It's insane...it was not supposed to do this. This will be my third season on the same clutch!

BTW, I would hate to see where I would be put for class in AutoX. SCCA bullshit is one of the reasons I don't bother with it. No offense but if *THEY* want to make *MY* car payments I will be more than happy to build *MY* car to *their* specs. Until then...kiss it!

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Get the ACT HD w/their street disc. Excellent combo. I have the ACT Xtreme and the street disc. It is a great clutch, but hard on the foot/leg for a daily driver. I got mine for $371 w/the TO bearing and the adjustment tool

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoVTECSER:
What prices has everyone paid for a ACT or a JWT? I don't need a full out race clutch, just a good one. I was looking at a JWT PP with a OE disc.

</font>
If you go ahead with a JWT, when you order the stock disc, order one for a 2000 SE. Its the same as yours stock, but its said to be slightly heavier and stronger. Just a heads up for ya.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
just don't break your clutch arm guys, or am I the only one with bad luck with that thing. the key value clutchs, brake pads, ect you need to stay away from. key value stuff is made for people who do not really give a sh$t about their car, and just want something to throw in there. the pads squeak constantly, the clutches are not as good, but ymmv, imho oh, and Naji, when are you gonna update your site? I have used it for my cam, and st bar install? I want to see a writeup on your truechoice suspention. your site is actually very helpful when in need.

[This message has been edited by brian (edited 04-02-2001).]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts