SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,I finally had the $tealer install my timing chain. No more rattle. And the bottom end response is much improved. Can't wait to get it on the Dyno. But first I'll have to get my car aligned,but before that I'll need new struts. Oh well

But anyway,here's the pics:

Here's all of the new parts prior to installation. You'll notice that I even have the gear set and pressure reliefe valve for the oil pump. I figured that whil;e we're in there,we might as well replace those too.

------------------
Thomas Fox
'93 NX2000
www.geocities.com/subcltr_nx2000/Homepage.html

[This message has been edited by Subculture (edited 05-25-2001).]

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

This is the special tool that's needed to make Tiuming Chain R/R easy.
It's called an Engine Support Brace,and it's made by OTC. As you can see it supports the engine while the motor mounts are removed. Now you can just tilt the engine down some and have easier access to the front of the engine

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The front of the motor {duh) prior to the engine being lowered. Obviously a tight fit.

This is just after Front Cover Lower/Upper oil pan removal. You can see that the engine has been tilted down somewhat.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Everything looks good so far. This was taken just prior to reassembly. Enternally the engine looks good. Whew

Oil pump and pick up. Might as well clean these off. I didn't scan the picture of my Front Cover,but while it's off and the oil pump is opened up,you'll want to check the inside of the Front Cover for excessive wear from the Oil Pump Gear Set.

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Im doing that to my car right now(timing chain,etc)... but I pulled the head off too(bent valves)...
How much was the labor on all that?

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IIRC,the flag hours are supposed to be 6.5. so you can multiply that with whatever your dealer's labor rates are.
My price,however was just $200.00

1 - 6 of 6 Posts