SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Sentra SE...in white...Canadian car...

Does anyone here know where the timing is set at from the factory? 13?

I run 94 pump gas...how far can i stretch my timing? 17? 19?

and is there anything I need to watch out for when I am doing this?

Also...is the instructions at ser.net good enough for me? because I assume that those were written for a pre 94 car...and mine is so new that I am afraid those instructions will not be acurate for my engine...

·
Registered
466 Posts
17 is about as far as you need to go. OE spec is 15. The instructions are the same. I advanced the timing on a 2000 SE, but it was an auto. Off hand I don't remember which plug on the TB I unplugged, but the general idea is the same. You might want to ask a B15 owner on the renegade B15 Sentra site: www.b15sentra.net/ubb.html

oops, I forgot, its not working now. A few of them are lurking here, so maybe one will speak up. I know Russ visits often.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KICK ASS MATT:
I have a 2001 Sentra SE...in white...Canadian car...

Does anyone here know where the timing is set at from the factory? 13?

</font>
Well I think the white ones came set at 10.
I run min at 19 and use 92-93 gas always. I like it that way.

------------------
MarC

hood made transparent for your viewing pleasure http://members.home.net/mnmanderson/Publish/
AIM SER96MarC

[This message has been edited by ser_200sx (edited 03-22-2001).]

·
Registered
705 Posts
every sr20 ive ever done the timing on, or watched the timing get bumped on, was at 13 stock. you can do up to 21 on 94 pump gas, but i would stay at 19 to be safe and the diff from 19-21 isnt that noticable anyways.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts