SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any tricks to setting my timing on my NX? it's a high port SR20DE, OBD 1, and i was wondering if there are any shortcuts to get the engine to lock itself in timing mode, besides holding the rpm's at 2000 for 2 minutes or wahtever...i heard i can just unplug the TPS, rev the engine above 3000 three times, and it will be locked into timing mode, and i can proceed to set the timing after that point. is this true?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
that's what i did, and it worked fine. i got the idea from najis site (in which mike k. did the the quick method).

------------------
stiletto

99 Sentra SEL platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed exhaust, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, EL indiglo HVAC, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silversx:
are there any tricks to setting my timing on my NX? it's a high port SR20DE, OBD 1, and i was wondering if there are any shortcuts to get the engine to lock itself in timing mode, besides holding the rpm's at 2000 for 2 minutes or wahtever...i heard i can just unplug the TPS, rev the engine above 3000 three times, and it will be locked into timing mode, and i can proceed to set the timing after that point. is this true?
</font>
The only reason to hold the rpm at 2k for 2 min is to heat the O2 sensor. If your car is hot, you do not need to do that. Use the shortcut of Mike K.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well one thing is that the b13's are BITCHES to get to lock in timeing mode. Ive hardly heard of someone saying they get it everytime all the time. I know I couldnt get it, Eric has a little trouble. Sometimes you have to disconnect the idle air thingy<cant think for the life of me right now> you know the thing you adjust the idle with....now i sound like a total idiot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts