SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my classic with tint and thought that I would grow to love it. Well I still hate it. I want to take all that stuff off. Any tips on how to take out the rear windshield tint. The sides will be pretty much trial and error, but I don't wanna **** up the defrosters in the back. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

------------------
Chris Alfonso
AIM: RaySERinSD
1992 Honda Civic HB DX
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R (AGX/GC combo, Hotshot CAI, New door and ignition locks(damn vandals!))

·
Registered
708 Posts
The tint should just peel off. Then you use a adhesive remover to get the glue that is left behind off. You will only need the razor blade for the tight corners. If your careful you shouldn't have any problem with the rear window defroster. You can get the stuff you need at any auto part store.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trys_Hard:
The tint should just peel off. Then you use a adhesive remover to get the glue that is left behind off. You will only need the razor blade for the tight corners. If your careful you shouldn't have any problem with the rear window defroster. You can get the stuff you need at any auto part store.</font>
He is right. They sell tint removal spray. You have to use a rag to take it off. trust me it is not a 1 day job. It takes forever and your finger tips will hurt like hell. But if you want it done right you must take your time. Be warned it is messy.

·
Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pretty White:
He is right. They sell tint removal spray. You have to use a rag to take it off. trust me it is not a 1 day job. It takes forever and your finger tips will hurt like hell. But if you want it done right you must take your time. Be warned it is messy. </font>

Dang, you all have a lot more patience than I do. I took mine to a place that tints windows, and paid them to do it. Just be carefull with te back tint. One careless slice, and your defroster wont work. This was the case with my car. So, my fix for that, break the back window, and have the insurance cover it

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

G

·
would a little bit of goof-off help? its pretty powerfull. dont know if it would cause problems with the defroster thoough.
just a thought.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Damn,
Got a ticket this weekend doing 86 in a 65, because I was late to an autocross meet in San Diego. I was about to leave and the CHP asked me to roll up my window and then added tinted windows to the ticket! Ass hole, my tinted driver and passenger side window are very light but I couldn't talk him out of it! :anger:

------------------
Art R.
1992 Sentra SE-R
SCCA Solo II Driver
Cal Club #823 E Stock

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">::UPDATE
Tint is off! Car looks great.
</font>
------------------
Chris Alfonso
AIM: RaySERinSD
1992 Honda Civic HB DX
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R (AGX/GC combo, Hotshot CAI, New door and ignition locks(damn vandals!))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts