SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys are running for tire pressure?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I have 205/50/15's and I'm running 36f/34r. It feels like the ass wants to swing if I push it but I haven't had the opertunity to test the limits yet.

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
I use 42/38 for auto-x, and street it feels fine. very neutral I have Dunlop sp8000 195/55/14 cant wait to get it done tommorrow with the AGX,I bent the stocker and the control arm too.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well i have pirelli p4000's and they are set 35/35 at the moment. they put them that way to set the bead when i bought them. and havent had time to set them to where i want. i usualy run stock 32/28 i think. what ever the door plate says. and all i do is highway miles seems like no racing so its nice

·
Registered
194 Posts
I usually run 38 front/34 rear. I'm running 215/40zr16's. Now if you're roadracing you need to start with an even lower air pressure because as your tread heats up it builds air pressure in the tire, I've seen increases as much as 8 psi! Running around with tires that have 45+ psi is scary! Usually when roadracing, everytime I pit between sessions, I check air pressure and readjust it.

later

G

·
0 Posts
what's a good tire pressure to run for street driving (and racing
)with 205/40R16s?

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I run about 38-f and 34-r on my 205/40/17s.
feels good, is good

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
On the street> 36f/34r but when I go to the strip> 26f/42r. I ran a [email protected] w/ this.

93 NX2K
DET

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yoko A509s with 35psi all around- got 38K out of the last set (mostly highway) rotating them every 6K.

G

·
0 Posts
you guys sure 36/38 would be safe? the tires say that max pressure = 50psi, and -14 is a lot.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
That should be safe. Be ware tho when you have the rears set high they like to spin.

One day I had my avs's set at 40 in the rear because I forgot to let the air out from my runs at the strip the night before and while brining someone for a joy ride on an off ramp I spun big time. Me and the kid thought we were going to die !MAN WAS IT FUN! I was also doing 70 and it was a off camber turn..the kind you read about in storys like this

Anyway keep the rear away from 40psi(except on the autox course
) Just a reminder this frekin cold weather make tires like to lose grip too... I'll write about that one later.

Mike

·
Registered
194 Posts
Also remember, that are cars are fairly light, so 38 psi is plenty. When you start getting into heavier cars, or heavier loads, that's when you need to run 45+ psi. If you run mid to high 40's on our cars, they're going to feel really loose and a loss of traction as well. The reason for this is that there is so much air in the tire that you kind of become high-centered. Which means less of a contact patch.

IMHO.....later

G

·
0 Posts
thanks guys...i'll set them down. makes sense.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

G

·
0 Posts
on my stock POS RE92's (yea i drive a MY00 2.5 RS)

on the street 35psi front and rear.

for autocross..58psi front and 48 rear.

the RE92's are know for sidewall roll and this was the only way to get any good response out of em.

I plan to use race rubbers on em this coming year so we'll see how that works.

------------------
www.highperformanceimports.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts