SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey sup all. Im wondering on the use of tires... What you guys all run and what have you found to be the best all around cursuit/road course/SCCA tire. I was lookin into the Kuhmo Ectas, the new BFGoodrich(the ones on the JUN civic), and a few others? Anyone have any favs or any hates??

------------------
Enjoy the ride...

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">the best all around cursuit/road course/SCCA tire</font>
Well, there's several answers here. First of all you have the DOT legal race compound tire that the SCCA racers use. The absolute best is the Hoosier R3S03. A distant second is the Kumho V700 Victoracer followed closely by the Toyo Proxes RA-1. True, these are technically a street tire since they offer a DOT stamp (unlike Goodyear slicks) and actual tread blocks, but I sure wouldn't drive them daily on the street, especially the Hoosier.

I suspect you might be refering to an actual street tire as the rest of the world knows it. There are many good ones. The Bridgestone S03 Pole Position is popular. The BFG G-force (not to be confused with the now non-existent G-force R1) are good and some will be offered in 15" size soon. The Falken Aziens seem to be the tire of choice for STS class, although a Civic on Bridgestone Potenza RE71s actually won this year in Kansas. I am currently using AVS intermediates which I like (and they don't make any more dammit!!) and thought about switching to the Toyo T1-S, but the low cost of the Falkens is appealing.

Hope I didn't confuse you more.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

[This message has been edited by MaddMatt (edited 10-05-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts