SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to hear some of you alls oppinions/experience with tire options on FWD SR20 turbo cars. It was hard to search this topic because the word "tire" can be used in so many posts that have nothing to do with tire selection for this application.
To give you some more info, the tires are going on bb swapped p10 with p11 15" mesh rims on it. My current set up is making arond 275whp on the street and probably over three at higher boost setting for the track. Right now the car is mostly street driven, but I plan to get into some drag, roadracing, autocross.
The main issue I want to overcome is traction. I plan on running a tires size of 225/45/15 street tires. No drag radials.

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was leaning towards the BF KDW's, just because I hear them mentioned a lot. But I don't really have any good reason apart from that. Maybe I just like the way the name sounds.
Any other recommendations?

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Try to keep the tires as cheap as possible, you'll be replacing them often.

I like my 225-45-17 Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212s. They hook up decently on my car (explosive wheelspin in 2nd, decent grab in 1st and some spin in 3rd, 4th and 5th), so they should hook up all right with your car.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Actually, my 225-50-15 drag radials don't hook up that much better than the Hankooks.

The BFG Drag radials look like they'll last about 5,000 miles, tops. The Hankooks will last much longer.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Yeah, drag radial's will not last on the street. I have had alot of success with kumho.

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
drag radials will not last, mine are bald and they maybe have 1200 miles on them if that.

i need of a new set after the convention.

stratton.

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
kumho's for daily driving and some slicks for the track---i have seen people hit 11's with street tires..just ask alleyboy

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
wont 235-60's rub against the fenders

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
wont 235-60's rub against the fenders

I wish my tyres were as cheap as your tyres. Mine are $134 a pop for cheapies. $160 a pop gets me into the extreme performance tyres.

But KDW N are great tyres they hold my stock boosted GTi-R till about 6k in first, and 6,2k in second. These Kumho ASX are complete garbage I spin everywhere. :rofl:

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Nothing spins more than the Kumho 711s I had back in the day. Talk about worthless...

·
Nissan Mut Car...
1,125 Posts
the hankook ventus rs2 is a really good tire. I am with rockwood on this one

·
BOOSTED SE-R
488 Posts
so what would be the best choice between
bf kdw
ventus rs 2
bf drag radials
azenis