SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For next season, I'm looking at Toyo T1-S tires, 215/45/15. I'm fairly confident they will fit in the front, but hit the strut in the rear. If I fit some spacers on the rear to clear the struts, will I then hit the fender? Thoughts? Anyone have 215s on a Classic?

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I have an NX2000, but I'm running these exact tires, in that size.

If you have a +35 offset, you won't rub the strut, it will fit *perfectly*.

I've heard that the Classic is less generous in rear wheel well area, so you *might* have to roll the rear fender.

On my car, it's an absolutely **perfect** fit though, great tires too, and the rolling circumerance is less than 1% off stock.

Excellent choice.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the 15X7 Mim Pescaras that I have are 40mm offset. That means I'll need 5mm spacers.

Now, if I knew they would clear the fenders....

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

1 - 3 of 3 Posts