SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know approx. how much a 205/45 16 inch tire weighs???

And, approx. how much do stock rims weigh? Nx2k or SE-r Classic, I'm not too particular about that.

------------------
'93 Charcoal NX2k
advanced timing
"ghetto" airbox
wish there was more

G

·
0 Posts
I'm pretty sure the classic rims weigh about 17 lbs.. which is damn heavy for 14 inch rims.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
And just how much do those Konigs weight Jay?

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header(not installed), Hotshot CAI (waiting for patiently)

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chris Bryant:
The B14, 15" OE wheels weigh 18.4 lbs each, including the center cap.

CB

[This message has been edited by Chris Bryant (edited 02-12-2001).]
</font>
WTF? Did you weigh them standing on the scale?

Mine were 15.5lbs and that's the numbers I have seen from others as well. Maybe your scale was off.

·
Registered
254 Posts
No, I wasn't standing on the scale. ;-P

It IS possible the scale is off, but it is a new digital scale(self-resetting), so I doubt it. (And I've weighed the wheel with and without the tire 3 separate times) I could bring the porky wheel to work to verify on our high $$$$ digital scale. It is heavy though - I have no trouble believing it IS 18lbs.

Is it possible the Sentra SE wheels weigh more than the standard SE-R wheels? Or perhaps the 98+ wheels are heavier? Just thoughts...

CB.....now curious about his scale and wheels.....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yea I'd be real interested to know as well.

To add a little more fuel to the fire: My slicks are 15lbs according to MT. When weighed on the stock wheels the scale shows 30lbs total as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info everyone.

I weighed my aftermarket 16" wheels with yoko a520s and they came in at about 36 lbs. So it looks like my wheels weigh about 16 lbs. Kinda heavy but not real bad.

I'll just have to go on a diet to make up for the added weight.

------------------
-----------Josh
'93 Charcoal NX2k
advanced timing
"ghetto" airbox
16 inch rims
Yoko A520s
wish there was more

·
Registered
254 Posts
I stand corrected.

I measured several items of known weight on the scale - it was spot on every time. I weighed the wheel again, wife as my witness - 18.4 pounds.

Hmmmm......I then removed the balancing weights - 18lbs even.

Each measurement was taken after the scalw had automatically shut itself off. This allowed the scale to recalibrate each time.

So, will any of you other 98 SE's and SE-R's weigh your stock wheels? For that matter, anyone with access to a good scale and stock wheels, regardless of year. Inquiring minds want to know.

CB

·
Registered
254 Posts
The B14, 15" OE wheels weigh 18.4 lbs each, including the center cap.

CB

[This message has been edited by Chris Bryant (edited 02-12-2001).]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts