SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I ride the deer!
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My modified Greddy Manifold - Now I won' tneed spacers and bumper washers to hold the rubber gromets on.

I'm using new pencil style Mototron 60 lbs injectors on my car, and if anyone else has used or knows about them, they understand what a pain that can be to seal. I've been plauged with them since the inception, even though performance has been exceptional dsipite the small leak.

This solves all problems hopefully for the last time. Ingenious design (IMO) towards solving a PITA problem

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Dude, that is basically what I tried doing, but didn't have much luck. That looks great and I am sure many on here would love something like that. The mototron injectors are great!

Brent

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
as long as it works, it seems like an ok idea. Only problem is most people wont want to have more **** welded to their "pretty" intake manifolds.

Personally I used a little gray RTV around the bottom of the rings and seem to be ok.

·
I ride the deer!
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
as long as it works, it seems like an ok idea. Only problem is most people wont want to have more sh*t welded to their "pretty" intake manifolds.

Personally I used a little gray RTV around the bottom of the rings and seem to be ok.
That's what I use.
I tired that initialy...under 18/20 psi it would still shoot them up and out and around the injector.... These Mototron ones don't have the fat base around the bottom like the MSD/Rochester style ones do.

Not worried about the welds either....it seems like whenever this guy welds to cast that he does fine welds, then these big globs...doesn't matter to me, it's just a greddy football lol. Maybe I should go about and finally polish it now that it's off...

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Oops, I thought we were talking about the spacers under the fuel rail. :redface:

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
^I was wondering when you got Mototrons. :poke:

C

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I have them in my turbo car.

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
yeah I can see how the difference in surface area would cause that affect.

Well I hope thats a good solution for you. As long as the screws evenly distribute the pressure along the bar you shouldnt have a problem. Id still toss a fair amount of RTV under them though :)

·
I ride the deer!
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cody nice idea mang! But wouldn't it just be easier to turn the boost down ;) lol...

Mike
That's blasphemy ;P

yeah I can see how the difference in surface area would cause that affect.

Well I hope thats a good solution for you. As long as the screws evenly distribute the pressure along the bar you shouldnt have a problem. Id still toss a fair amount of RTV under them though :)
I can barely MOVE the gromets how it is now..those screws work great for clamping down (2 on each side works well).

I will use some RTV though like last time....JUST in case

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Meh, my MSD injectors don't have this problem... :D

I would replace those screws with allen heads if you can. I hate phillips/flat head screws...

·
I ride the deer!
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got the injectors REAL cheap (hehe, cheaper than Scarpula cheap :p )...and I don' tneed to worry about them going bonkers at high PSI :D

I would replace those screws with allen heads if you can. I hate phillips/flat head screws...
I hope to never take it back off...once and done :D I'll hafta see what Lowes has tomorrow :D

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts

Your MSD injectors are old school with a crappy spray pattern and can't handle more than 4bar fuel pressure before going static to! LOL!

Brent

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Your MSD injectors are old school with a crappy spray pattern and can't handle more than 4bar fuel pressure before going static to! LOL!

Brent
Good thing I'm running 3 bar then huh? Not much need for more fuel than that anyway...

What're "good" injectors anyway?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts