SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty...I have 17's and turbo. What do you all use on your 17's for street use, that grip nice??? And what size are they???? Thanks

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Azenis grip very well but they are a summer only tire and they don't have a 17" in our size. I like the Yokohama AVS ES100 its a good tire for the money. Edgeracing has the 205-40-17 for $86/tire.

I run cheapo junkyard 14" tires on my turbo and I burn through a pair every few months. I think I would end up in the poor house if I had to replace 17" tires that often :)

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm well due to the fact that my car is showish and is kitted with the stillen kit i need to keep the 17's...So you guys saying these AVS ES100's are a good tire???Maybe like the azenis in a 17??

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
I had some dunlop FM901s, they hooked up nicely.

i currently run 205-40-17 Toyo RA-1s, and they hook up as well as can be expected. when they are cold they still spin in every gear, but at least its manageable.

if you had a B14, you could run the 225-45-17 falken Azenis, but you have a B13, so the rears will rub all over the place.

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so what stops that size on the classic???i have AGX and GC..i could cut the spring seats off if that helps...????

·
Registered
515 Posts
I run the ame 205/50/25 AVS ES 100 and they are awesome.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i have the 205/50/15 AVS ES100 and i cant get traction at all. i have a det swap and these tires seem to hold me back performance wise. i wouldnt recommend these tires if you've got boost.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
you have struts in the rear, which are larger. B14s have shocks in the rear, which are physically smaller

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
It sounds like you are expecting drag radial performance from a normal high performence street tire. You are going to have straight line traction problems from almost any street tire when you have a high power fwd car.

se-r92 said:
i have the 205/50/15 AVS ES100 and i cant get traction at all. i have a det swap and these tires seem to hold me back performance wise. i wouldnt recommend these tires if you've got boost.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I use 215-45-15 Toyo T1-S tires, they grip well, with a bit of spin sometimes.

I bought 205-50-15 Azenis from Chris as well, I haven't tried them yet. They're nearly as wide as the Toyos, and stickier, so they should do well.

I also have 185 width, nearly bald all-season tires on the stock NX2000 wheels. They turn into smoke without effort :)

Half an inch of snow on the ground this morning! Car stays put in the garage...

James

·
Registered
593 Posts
bf goodrich kd, the tire of all tires. imho better then the so-3 potenza.

·
GT30R'd Up
1,813 Posts
HotshtSR20 said:
I had some dunlop FM901s, they hooked up nicely.

i currently run 205-40-17 Toyo RA-1s, and they hook up as well as can be expected. when they are cold they still spin in every gear, but at least its manageable.

if you had a B14, you could run the 225-45-17 falken Azenis, but you have a B13, so the rears will rub all over the place.

The Falken 225-45-17 Azenis Sport Can fit on B14's??? I was looking to Put them on my 17 x 7.5" rims but i thought I would have rubbing issues....so i got some 215-40-17 Azenis ST-115s. So they can actually fit?? If so, thats what I will be running.......

Allan

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how are the Azenis ST-115s

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
se-r92 said:
I think you don't know how to drive :tongue: They worked fine for me. I am by no means a drag racer and I never drove a turbo car before my SE-R got swapped. First time at teh track and I cut 2.2s easily. I'm sure with practice and lowering the pressure I could have cut 2.1's.

·
Registered
100 Posts
well if you think so... i dont really care if you think i cant drive or not im just stating from my experience. thats why i switched to bfgoodrich dragradial. and they work perfect. so if you want to go to the track with some rain tires then go right ahead.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
se-r92 said:
well if you think so... i dont really care if you think i cant drive or not im just stating from my experience. thats why i switched to bfgoodrich dragradial. and they work perfect. so if you want to go to the track with some rain tires then go right ahead.
SO did you take them to the track and get REAL times or are we supposed to listen to your gospel that proves nothing and doesn't add anything to the community? Thanks for sharing your opinion.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts