SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Much love for the B-13
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to a rallycross on Saturday and I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions. I will be using my '92 SE-R that I bought just over a month ago. The previous owner equipped the car with 165/65/14 Uniroyals up front, a 165/65/14 **** tire on the right rear and a 165/70/14 **** tire on the left rear. Actually the **** tires were on the front but I quickly swapped them once I took possesion...Idiot...

My other option for tires are my 205/50/15 Dunlop D60-A2's on B-14 wheels. I was really leaning towards these but I am not sure if the skinny tires would do better in the dirt. The course is half tarmac and half smooth gravel. I know the 205's will be supereior on the tarmac section. My B-13 is stock.

Any suggestions???
TIA

------------------
'96 SE-R No bolt unturned...
'92 E Lots of factory bolts still in place
'92 SE-R all stock with out a sunroof, just added to the family!

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
From a practical standpoint, I wouldn't want to beat up a set of nice B14 rims or put a hole in a 50-series tire. I'd run the throw-away tires on the Classic rims.

I've noticed dedicated non-tarmac rally tires have a fairly tall sidewall, anyway. The new Kumho rally tires run around a 70-series sidewall - more reinforced to resist punctures, but no doubt taller for a reason.

·
Much love for the B-13
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good point that I had'nt considered. Maybe I will take two sets and see what the conditions are. No...I don't think I have enough trunk space....Oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts