SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good combination performance/all-weather tire, I don't want to have to buy new tires for the upcoming winter. Anyone have any suggestions? Oh yeah, I'm getting them on the 200SX SE-R 15" rims...they're 15x6.5, aren't they? I'd appricate any advice..thanks..

------------------
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
I would have to say all around tire..? Kumho 712's.they are no snow tire, but in rain and dry they are pretty hard to beat for the price...I think in 15 inch they are around $60.00 a pc.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the Pirelli P4000. They supposedly have great snow traction and are pretty good overall. I'm buying a pair from Tirerack next week. I'll let you know my impressions once they're on.

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
The Kumho's are pretty good. They stick really well, but I doubt they do much in snow. I dont know, Eric knows tho.

Im running the P4000's they arent bad. I havent lost traction in normal driving execpt in really bad water and flooring it. rain they are ok never had much trouble out of them. after they wear for about 6 months they pick up some noise, they start to squeel at their limits. Snow, they work good. I was the only one able to go anywhere it seemed. But its partialy knowing how to drive in the snow which no one seems to do well.

·
Registered
909 Posts
the Kumho suck big time in the snow. I liked them alot in the dry and wet but cold and snow is very bad.

MarC

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
www.tirerack.com rates the the Bridgstone potenza 950's very highly. I think it was higher then all the other all weather 185's. I will probably be getting some soon. Tirerack has them for 64$ apiece.

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
when you get the re950s tell me about them cause i am thinking of those too, that is once i get my motor mounts taken care of

·
Registered
174 Posts
This is an no-brainer. For the price and max-performance in dry, wet and light snow the Bridgestone Pole Position S0-3 in 195/50/15 for $87.00 a piece. Or the Toyo TS-1 195/50/15 from tirenet.com for $98 or so a piece shipped. you can not go wrong with either one. But for the price the S0-3's are a great deal.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
For the price, the Kumho's can't be beat - but they are a definite no-no for the snow. Just ask my buddy with the A4 Quattro, he says they're *deadly* in the snow.

Chris

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts