SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
195/55/15 is what comes on the car. I would go with the 205/50/15. There are alot more tire choices and they are a lil wider. They are very clos to the stock size as far as hight. This is what I run with Prokits and I dont rub at all.

MarC

·
Registered
466 Posts
What kind of suspension do you have? Even with mr trunk loaded with 4 wheels and tries, floor jack and tools, I never rub in the rear. I have 205-50-15 Potenza RE730s and they are badass. My fiancee has Kumho 712s on her '97 SE-R in the same size.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wanted to know what is the correct size tires for our cars, I got new ones, about a year and a half ago and ever since then the rears rub if there are people in the back and I hit a bump. I think that it is almost time for new ones and I want to be SURE to get the right size.

------------------
Soon, My SE-R will be BACK

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just have the stock suspension, and it is weird, because I have almost no wheel gap in the rear.

------------------

·
Registered
118 Posts
Stock wheels

------------------

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just looked at my tires and they are 205/60/15 so I don't know, I may have bad suspension? Any ideas?

------------------

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
205/60? That's VERY wrong.... 205/50 is the correct size... so your aspect ratio is off by 10%. That means your sidewalls are about 20.5 mm to tall.

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Would that make it rub?

------------------

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yes it would rub on the inner fender, just go look under there see if you see rub marks. You should. Dont guess you have to go buy tires right now, but next time you do, get the right size

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AutoSE-R:
Would that make it rub?

</font>
Yes, defiantely. i suggest you purchase some nice new grippy 205/50's or 195/55's and think about new suspension too, hehe.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
118 Posts
yea, I would love to, but the cash flow is minimal. Hopefully I will get a job soon and I can start saving. Being an unemployed student is fun, except for the lack of cash. I am just trying to get my engine in for right now, I figure that I will run these tires till they are finished, then by that time, hopefully I will have the money to do suspension and new tires. And I will never go back to Gateway Tire.

------------------

·
Registered
440 Posts
My God, BigfootSE-R, I mean AutoSE-R. Hurry up and get that motor in so you can replace those bobo tires(j/k)! Sorry dude, I just couldn't hold it back.later

------------------
2000 Sentra SE w/PP, JWT POP, timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s

·
Registered
118 Posts
yea, I know, I feel the same way. every time I think we are about done, I have to find another little thing that ends up being a dealer only item. and I always need them on the weekend when they are closed. It WILL be done soon.

------------------

1 - 14 of 14 Posts