SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that is the question iwas browsing the forums and i saw that i think its witt had broken his tranny because of boost (it seemed like more then once too) so i was going to ask what would people experienced with nx2k's would say i know boost is gonna get me more power in the end. but if i were do do somthing on teh more extreme side of balancing the moter out to 10 k rpm, and building/stroking the moter to make more power which do people think would be cheaper in the long run regarding parts/bolt ons/ins

Andrew

(edit)

i wanted to post a poll about boost or no boost
if admin or someone who replies can do that sweet if not i'll do my own tally from ur yay/nay's

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I was gonna turbo, the guy sold it for more money, I bought a great suspension, but I am already spraying and have some other mods to keep me happy in the interim, I will boost later, if you shop right it is cheaper, jgy sells a base kit all you need for close to 1900 bucks. plug and play.

·
BAD FKR
352 Posts
It is all in what you really want (boost/nitrous/all motor). They all take money in there own way. Half the time we are never done, there is something always left to do or a part that happens to come out. Either way you will have to eventually get into the tranny once you get into the higher HP figures. Just take your time and do it right what ever it is. There is no point in doing it all over again.

·
8,148 Posts
PM Lonewolf or Ruth'lessNX2K
Those are both NX Turbo guys in my area. One has a BB one has a GTI-R
93nx2krider has a VVL Powered NX. Get his input too!

Before I stroke out the motor, I would look into a VVL motor. They provide the power you want at the price you want to pay without opening the motor.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vvl? and i ahve torn into other moter mostly chev small blocks tho my engines torn into on record so far ahve been

nissan 240sx moter ka24 i think, vg30 form 86 na 300zx, th moter from an 83 celica, i know how to do the work but as u can see all the moter i've torn into ahve been rwd how hard is pulling a fwd moter, thanx for input

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i tried to send somthing to the 93nx2krider and he does not exist on this forum help me out?

·
Registered
84 Posts
The old Celicas were rear wheel drive? Also, the engine doesn't change at all with RWD vs. FWD...its the tranny that changes where the power goes.

Anyways...what's the point of balancing and blueprinting to 10k RPM? It might sound sweet as hell and all, but that'll probably require some upgraded parts inside the motor, and where are you going to find cams to give you any performance over 7k-8k RPM? I mean unless those S4's are designed to keep the powerband to 10k, and even those are like $600+ for a pair.

I'd go w/ a turbo. If all goes in my favor in the next week or so, I'll be buying a '93 NX2000 and I may try to drop in a SR20DET for $1250ish.. sounds simple to me to do.

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
of course boost why not? or get a ve and then boost.

·
Registered
84 Posts
serchef...you're *NOT* going to convert your NX to AWD are you?? Paul really wants to do this, and I think it would be pretty sweet as well if I end up getting my NX..

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
i am i just need a beater first

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
taking it out to 10 k is rather extreme yes i would prolly not do that maybe just bring teh redline up from 7.5 to 8.5 or 9k and stroke it more then anything else get somw higher figures and a longer power dilivery cause the v8's i've helped build have redline of like 45/5000 adn there big power but its shift shift shift shift

i kinda want it to be like lauch........ shift..........shift........shift........shift

but who knows im eveluating it ill prolly try it first of as just a de and then maybe go de+t

and can someone please tell me what vvl means

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so can i do it for relativly cheaply for nothing too too intense?

i could prolly in the long run blueprint and balance to somthing like 9 k redline whne my moter blows cause its got somwhere around 125/130 k miles on it its in k and the last reading i had when i came here ( to edmonton) was 177 which was month ago and my gf has been borrowing the car since then and my brother said its cleaner then when he owned it :) and can someone tell me if u could theoretically put the sr20ve head on the sr20de block like what ppl do wityh the b series honda moters? or if someone has and if they have how hard was it to get the head?

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
I had my sentra boosted for a year, and I've had numerous stupid problems. I turboed the nx for just over 2 months now, and no problems at all. But I am using a DET motor now, the sentra had a JDM motor.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah, unless you have a bottomless pit for a pocket, I wouldn't go N/A. Especially the way you talk about it. You'd have to create custom parts in order to do so. Besides, if you just get a BB DET, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
aite so boosting it is i can aways balance and do some of the more all moter stuff later on

and can someone answer my question about ve heads on de moters?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
The main problem with boosting NXen is cooling issues. Its not a huge issue if you yank out your a/c or if you live in a colder climate. If your car sees track duty then odds are you are going to have problems. Adding extra apertures for increasing the airflow to the radiator seems to help the issue a lot. I decided to go with a ve for my nx since I do track events and I still want to retain my a/c and prefer not to cut up the front end.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my car has ac but the system is dead so i've cut the ac belt
:) its stil in there too lazy to remove it but why use hp on a useless accesory? and i got power windoes and t tops ne way :) i dont need ac :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts